GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Golf r 7.5 Soundaktor

Hi guys I’ve changed my car from a gtd7 to a r7.5 Love the car Hate the soundaktor Still can’t work out how or where in my car scanner obd11 plug in tool where to lower or disable the soundaktor Ideally I’d like to diable on obd rather than disconnecting the cables I don’t have vcds I have...
  2. M

Air con pipe bracket (charge pipe)

Hi the brackets behind my drivers side headlight under the bonnet that hold the 2 silver pipes (I think that are air con and coolant) is missing/broken so they are rubbing Does anyone know where I can get a replacement/part number please?
  3. M

Low pressure egr delete assistance see pictures

Hi guys can someone confirm if it’s as simple as blocking this section of pipe to blank the low pressure egr Golf gtd mk7 dsg 63 plate See pictures
  4. M

Dpf

Hi I was convinced my dpf was trying to regen as the revs went to 1k, got a little smell, and oil temps went up And I was convinced it was quite often so went to check on my obd app thing and it said last regen was 415mins ago but I’m sure it does it like every day I’ve took some pics of the...
  5. M

Heater matrix

Hi I’m going to replace my heater matrix, I know how to do it following a video of removing glovebox and blower etc, I tired the route of flushing back and forth for a long time and it never ends getting cack out of it lol What’s the recommendation of which to buy please? valeo any good etc...
  6. M

Egr valve

Hi Is there a low pressure and a high pressure egr valve? If so where are the both located? And if possible can I have a picture of both please golf gtd mk7 2013
  7. M

Looking to delete egr valve

Originally bought the car with it deleted, and coolant pipes were bypassed. But wanted it standard. Made a big mistake as it drives awful with it back in lol But the guys who put it back to standard said there was a blinking plate in they took out then they put coolant hoses back to standard...
  8. M

Hidden switch electrical advice

Hi all I’m wanting to leave my car running in a cold morning (I know some advise against it lol) I’m in a private drive but don’t want anyone jumping in and nicking it I know the one option is to just use a steering lock but it’s a bit naff So was thinking about putting a secret switch somewhere...
  9. M

Automatic auxiliary heater

So I was playing with some setting and found the setting with it turned off, I turned it on but didn’t know how it worked, I googled/YouTubed and as far as I know it speeds up the coolant heat? is that correct? Does it only work when my car is at a certain temp? Does it only work when my engine...
  10. M

Air recirculation button turns on air con

Hi everytime I hit the air recirc button in the car to get rid of the smelly car infront/general outside smells the air con turns on, then I have to hit the air con button then the recirc turns off, then I press the recirc button again then the air con comes back on then I turn the air con off...
  11. M

Soundaktor

Hi guys does anyone know where I can access the Soundaktor settings on my little plug and play obd11 car scanner module/app please? I’ve been through all the settings and can’t find it anywhere. I don’t have vcds I don’t have the silly pay for credit aps I just have the ‘car scanner pro’ module...
  12. M

Heater matrix coolant hose size

hi can anyone tell me the size of the coolant hoses that go to the heater matrix, I’m gonna back flush but want to buy some pipe ready so I can attach to hose/power Lance and clean it Golf mk7 gtd 2013 Thanks
  13. M

Cooling hose leaks

Hi all I have noticed my cooling water going down recently (light came on first thing one morning) Found the leaks on 2 hoses (easy access to which is great) I’ve attached 2 pics of the leaking hoses golf mk7 gtd 2013 mod I’m looking to: 1.drain the cooling system but not sure the best way...
  14. M

Oil leak?

golf gtd mk7 2013 DSG HI all ☺️ So every now and then I get a smell of oil in the cabin when driving (not all the time and it’s hard to pin point when or how) And since I bought the car a few month ago I filled the oil up and it’s already to the 1/4 mark (in around 2 months) So I cleaned the...
  15. M

Can someone identify this part please

Golf gtd mk7 2013 model right hand drive hi all, I’m trying to identify the part that sits directly behind the egr cooler. It has 2 ports on it for cooling water to connect to, just not sure what it is. Ive attached photos but it’s hard to actually take a photo of it as it’s well merged in...
  16. M

Gargling noise in cabin

Hi guys -63 plate golf mk7 GTD Yesterday I noticed a gargling / water running sound whilst in my car yesterday So I googled and forumd etc and it looks like it’s related to the coolant I believe. So I opened the coolant tank slowly while hot, and little to nothing in there! so I left it to...
  17. M

Headlight general info please

63 plate GTD Can someone give me an idiots guide to exactly which light does what in the headlight array of lights please? also I previously posted a link about an light bend error, this has now been ‘fixed’ with a new module and some codes I’m told.. but I can figure out how cornering light...
  18. M

Boot floor colllapsed

Hi all, hope this is the correct sub section to post in. My boot floor has collapsed in the middle, it’s on the highest setting but it doesn’t seem like it has enough support from underneath, even if I get a new one I can’t see how it would even take the weight of a bag of sand. Am I missing...
  19. M

Error bend lighting (AFS) please help

Hi guys Ive got GTD mk7 golf and I have the error: bend lighting (AFS) error, I’ve searched on Google and all the forums but they all push you towards the lamp being blown, the passenger corner light isn’t working but all rest on that side are The drivers side corner light is working as with...