GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Datalog review help

Hey guys, Currently learning how to data log, could someone review 2 of my data logs briefly and let me know if everything looks good? To me, AFR looks good, no knock on any of the pulls, just not sure how to read ignition timing. Car info 18 GTI w/6speed DSG EQT Stage 2 3rd gear pull WOT...
  2. M

Quick Review: EQT DSG tune vs Cobb OEM+ vs Cobb Sport

Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick feedback on my current experience with all 3 TCU tunes. Keep in mind this is personal preference and varies from driving style. This review is keeping more of a focus on daily driving/intown characteristics and less backroad driving. First EQT Shift points...
  3. M

IE Turbo Inlet Pipe + CTS Inlet hose

Hey guys, Does anyone know if these 2 parts fit? I currently have IE Turbo inlet pipe and IE V2 Intake but want to switch to the stock air box and add a CTS Inlet pipe Feedback would be appreciated!
  4. M

Stage 2 install check list

Hey guys, I have everything I need at the moment to go stage 2 on my 2018 GTI performance pack with 31k miles. Just doing a quick check list here to make sure I am not missing anything, what do you guys think? Got all by basis covered? Any pointers or missing anything? Any do's or don'ts...
  5. M

OEM Spark plugs (06k-905-601-D) vs (06k-905-601-B))

Trying to order some maintenance items on my 2018 GTI. Are spark plugs for the GTI and Golf R the same? From my understanding GTI OEM park plug part number is (06k-905-601-D) and Golf R is (06k-905-601-B) one letter difference. But Rockauto has it listed both parts together. Can someone verify...
  6. M

JB4 - what kind of cars can we keep up with?

Maybe a stupid question, I don't race or anything like that but genuinely curious to what kind of cars can a completely stock mk7 GTI DSG with a JB4 on map 1 or 3 hang with? After installing my jb4 this car just feels incredible. What are your experiences? First off these motors are underrated...
  7. M

Stock AFR and JB4 map 1

Hey just posting here to see what kind of AFR people are getting on their stock tune and jb4 map 1. Love learning on this platform and trying to get as much experience as i can. From what I'm reading and understanding after researching is that these cars are direct injection and tend to run...
  8. M

Used JB4 wire tap

Hey, I purchased a used JB4 for my mk7.5 and just want someone to confirm if this looks correct? The wire tap is done at a weird spot that I haven't seen in any videos. With how it's currently tapped does this mean I don't need to tap into the AFR wires by my firewall? Just plug and play? I...
  9. M

New Eibach Pro Kit Installed

Hey! After going back and forth on which springs to get (H&R OE, EMD, Eibach pro kit) I settled on the Pro kit. Super happy with the outcome, no signs of reverse rake and and the drop looks perfect. They still have to settle Took me a good 6-7 hours to install w/ 2x4 method
  10. M

MQB Reverse Rake pads vs TT Pads

Hey just wondering if there is any difference between these 2? Are they the same thickness? I've done quite a bit of research going back and forth on my thread here as well as other forums, facebook etc...
  11. M

Which lowering springs should I go with?

Hey guys, I did read the sticky on top but the more I read the more overwhelmed i am trying to decide which lowering springs to go with. Little back story - Purchased my 2018 mk7.5 GTI a few weeks back with 20k miles on it, bone stock. I've had lowered cars in the past from coilovers to...