GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Wastegate actuator removal in situ

Struggling to get the wastegate actuator off my IS12 on my 4Motion car. I was able to remove the T30 bolt closer to the engine, but the one near the firewall appears to be hidden behind insulation for one of the turbo lines. Any tricks here or am I pulling the turbo?! Thanks.
  2. G

Underboost Problem Almost Immediately After APR Stage 1 Tune

I have the same car (GSW 4Motion, 6MT, though 2019) and same tune (APR Stage 1, 87 AKI, no bolt-ons, original turbo) and got the same P0299 00 code with the EPC light on the dash. This is particularly inconvenient because we're on a multi-day trip with the kids and dog in tow. The car has been...
  3. G

034 Street Density Dogbone pucks larger than OE

Well, that wasn't the whole thread. They didn't seem bothered that a customer had trouble installing their parts. At the very least they could have confirmed the expected size (is it 91mm?) or suggested freezing them.
  4. G

I was in a bind and needed the car the next day, so I shaved them down a bit with a strip disc. Obviously not ideal. But they seem to be OK for the moment. I had actually put them in the freezer, but then realized the chamfer was on the wrong end for installation beneath the car. By the time...
  5. G

I picked up 034 dogbone pucks in the hopes taking some slop out of shifting without introducing much NVH. Lo and behold, they are about 1.5mm larger than OE. The Revo installation tool started bending, even though I'd carefully prepped the subframe and even increased the chamfer on the new puck...
  6. G

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

Following up on my earlier post. I thought I'd figured out how to get the recirc flap to function correctly with a coding change, but the result was the recirc mode being reversed from what's indicated on the Climatronic panel! My windows were fogging up in cold weather even with the A/C on...
  7. G

Re door leak on speaker

I could write a book about the rear door leaks in my GSW :mad: Here's the short take: Leaks from speakers, access panel and door panel clips. The gaskets on the speakers were intact. The VW part number is wrong for the rear door speakers for Mk7.5 GSW S (6-speaker non-premium stereo) Hopefully...
  8. G

Another water pump thread

I agree with that assessment. My guess is that the revised factory thermostat is in fact better than the early ones, but the aftermarket ones probably haven't kept up. I don't think I'd replace preemptively, since it's unlikely to leave you at the side of the road if you keep tabs on the coolant...
  9. G

Another water pump thread

I just replaced the thermostat/pump on my 2019 with 84k miles a couple weeks ago. The O-rings on the coupler between the thermostat and oil cooler were damaged and there is crusty residue that I assume is dried up coolant. My car is not leaking oil, though it appears that there might have been a...
  10. G

DIY removal of intake, carbon cleaning, injectors, water pump, oil cooler, accessory bracket

Update — the job is complete. I received a replacement INA unit from Rock Auto a couple days later. That one had a busted electrical connector housing! So I swapped the end plate over from the first INA unit. The O-ring rolled off the oil cooler side of the coupler when I installed the...
  11. G

DIY removal of intake, carbon cleaning, injectors, water pump, oil cooler, accessory bracket

Well... I got through carbon cleaning, injector replacement and water pump installation, only to find that the INA thermostat housing has a crack in it. Fortunately I pressure tested before filling with coolant or reinstalling the intake. The box arrived undamaged and pushing down on the coolant...
  12. G

Ignition coil stud replacement

I could feel those terrible triangular bolts damaging the threads when I pulled my plugs for inspection recently. I went looking for a alternatives and found the EQT grounding kit. While very nice, that seems like a lot of money to solve a relatively simple problem. Hat tip to @yakboyslim for...
  13. G

Oh, maybe it is MiB 2.5, sorry. I had the same VCDS options with the A rev, though. Want me to send you my A rev and you can pay a fair price if it works?
  14. G

Ugh, these thread notifications keep going to spam. I decided to try a newer panel ($30 shipped from eBay; 5GM 907 044 H from a 2019 Jetta). It didn't change my recirc issue, which I ultimately solved with coding, but it does interact correctly with the MIB2 infotainment screen. The A revision...
  15. G

Center console removal and DieselGeek SuperPin install

Super helpful how-to! Thanks @Raguvian for taking the time to document it. Things went smoothly for me other than forgetting to reconnect the 12V socket until partway through reassembly. Ooops.
  16. G

EDIT: This is not the answer! It results in the recirc button functioning backward. Got the recirc problem solved. It was in Byte 6, Bit 3 of long coding. It should be set to 1:
  17. G

Thanks for confirming. Can you post your module info and coding, please? I'm having weird behavior where the fresh setting is only 32% open. BUT, if I run the output test, the door cycles through the full range?! Module info...
  18. G

How to retro-fit the 312mm front brakes to a Mk7 Golf

I bought mine a couple years ago, including new calipers and pads, from "4yourdrive" on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/145236871888 I didn't need new calipers, but the cost was only a bit more than overpriced brackets I was finding.
  19. G

Thanks for the info @YamR1rider. The two gaskets (Elring equivalents) and oil cooler bolts were about $12 total, so I decided to order them and make a game-day decision as to whether to replace. But leaning toward keeping them on the shelf and replace if I get a leak later, per your guidance...
  20. G

Thanks for the writeup! I'm preparing to replace the water pump and thermostat and am considering a parts cannon approach (great term!), to include the oil cooler gasket. Anyone have the PN for the oil cooler bolts? The repair manual shows that they are single use, but they aren't listed on the...