GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tarou

New member and new to golf’s/gti’s. Advice wanted.

Around how many miles into the car were you that this happened if you don’t mind me asking. Love the cat as well :)
  2. Tarou

Thanks for the advice Hans. The vehicle has already been sold a couple of days back. Been back to the grind of finding new prospects.
  3. Tarou

I guess I should have prefaced “hard driving” - pushing the car over 70 mph every now and then not daily lol. She usually doesn’t go above 65 despite what the speed limit says. She enjoys her new balances as well :).. they are quite comfy and provide excellent arch support
  4. Tarou

Gotcha. Yea I never light foot my car tank after tank. My girlfriend and I share a 2015 Toyota Corolla and you can tell who drives the car when the mpg drops lol. I tell her you gotta drive the car “hard” at times to help the life of the engine, but what do I know lol.
  5. Tarou

For my own education, how short of a drive are we talking about here? I’m assuming you would start to see symptoms of this issue if you are driving the car (ie. decreased engine performance, decrease mpg, idling issue?) Thanks bud! I don’t feel bad at all, and definitely still on the hunt
  6. Tarou

Good to know. Is this the walnut blasting I keep reading on line (sorry.. really new to turbo engines >_<)
  7. Tarou

Thanks uberdot. Was this impart on just daily driving with some spirited runs on a stock car or were did you have modifications by then?
  8. Tarou

WTB 2018-2020 GTI

Hi everyone, As title describes :). This will be my daily driver (possibly project car in the future.. depending on next car purchase after this one) EDIT: -4dr (preferred) -Manual transmission -Under 30k for 2018 / under 20k for 2019 /under 15k for 2020 (open to other inquiries though so...
  9. Tarou

Just got off the phone with the dealership, they sold the car to another buyer. Moderators if you would be so kind to close this thread, I would appreciate it. Thanks everyone. I’m sure there will be more posts like this from me lol.
  10. Tarou

Sound advice. Thank you for the input.
  11. Tarou

I thought was odd as well. I figured if the checked the ECU and fuel system wouldn’t they know there was an ignition issue accompanied with those checks at that time, and wouldn’t they have just handled the issue all together... or is their a recurrent problem in the foreseeable future for me lol
  12. Tarou

I contacted the dealer to see what warranties were still applicable to the car and waiting for them to reply back. I was thinking with the main concerns I had, they wanted to replace the items before selling the car to make it more reliable. Might be a silly question: What is the difference...
  13. Tarou

Hi everyone. New member here looking to get his hands on a used 2017 GTI (be gentle...) I am very new to volkswagens, and GTI’s in general. I wanted a fun daily driver and after review many posts, and research online, the GTI sounds right up my ball park. I have one in mind, but wanted some...