GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. lplim

Slow Hazard When Locked

Hi all, I’ve reached a stump in trying to resolve some electrical issues i’m experiencing. Back in 2022, I would charge my car every day after driving it which caused the battery to explode and make a mess in my engine bay. This led to one annoyance which is the intermittent hazard slow, and...
  2. lplim

Deciphering Intermittent Cruise Control Errors after Modifications

Hi all, It’s been a few months since I moved over from springs to coilovers and aggressive negative camber and I have been getting intermittent cruise control errors upon startup. They go away after another restart; I can’t seem to pull the codes from OBDEleven. I previously had a bunch of...
  3. lplim

KW Variant 3 - Installed on 2019 GTI

Hi all, I recently installed KW V3 on my 2019 GTI, coming from H&R Sport Springs; what a world of a difference. The suspension dampens road imperfections quite well, and I'm starting to have some love back for the car. I wanted to ask; is anyone here running a similar suspension...
  4. lplim

Stripped Rear Shock Top Mounting Point - Help!

Hi all, Anyone here familiar with the MK7 Rear Shock Mount (Chassis Side)? I noticed that mine was stripped and would need to rethread. However, I am scared with the thickness I have to play with. Any ideas if a helicoil or a timesert would work? See images below - any help would be greatly...
  5. lplim

P0299 - 2019 GTI - 28,000kms - JB4 Map 6

Hi all, Curious to know if anyone else here has gotten a P0299 from a JB4 Map 6? Below is the first one I received after doing a WOT pull at 20,000km I always drive the car fairly hard - proper warmup sequence (usually waiting for oil temps to hit 100 degrees C, letting the turbo cooldown...
  6. lplim

Front end popping noise after H&R Springs

Hi everyone, New here! I recently installed H&R Springs (1.3”) on my MK7.5 GTI and popping noises came out. The car has 13,000kms and the issue was driving me nuts. Fast forward to a month from install date, I brought it to another mechanic who visually checked everything for me. He had...