GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Has anyone ran across this? I have a 2017, but my control unit 9 is mk7.5. I'm attempting to have some euro tails installed, but no combination of coding they try works so my car is stranded at the shop while they call around to anywhere they can think of trying to find a solution.
  2. K

FIXED: Convenience open close inop

OBD’s tech support said my car shows a newer control unit 9, so they set me to MK7.5 instead of 7 (I’m 2017). I used the app to switch it on and now it works.
  3. K

Yes, that’s what I’m referring to. TBH, I think I’ve only tried it while sitting inside the car. Maybe you need to be outside?
  4. K

Random question on this subject. I have convenience open/close turned on in my menu settings, but cannot get it to work from the fob. Someone told me the dealership has to program something in the fob, but I've never read that anywhere when I see this option discussed.
  5. K

Wheels - opinions please

I might have a slight obsession in that (and socks) department. 😄
  6. K

Wheels - opinions please

That's probably my biggest gripe with the black. The photo with the black wheels is from the dealership I got it from. I was able to get them to throw in new tires when I bought it. The backordered Neuspeed arrives next week. Appointment with Les Schwab has been scheduled.
  7. K

Wheels - opinions please

When I bought my car in March, it had the wheels in the bottom photo. I replaced them with the hyper black RSE10s as shown in the top photo because I wanted a bit of contrast. This is the same car even though the color looks completely different in the two photos. Fast forward a few months...
  8. K

Advice/Opinions/Experience, Please - selling car after damage repair

Most likely something a few years old with low milage, which is almost impossible to find. I did nationwide searches on most of the car sites, for under 30k miles, '17 or newer with leather and dsg. The results ranged from 1-7 cars per site. I was looking at a '17 Autobahn with 24k miles, for...
  9. K

The reason I don’t want to keep the car is that I’ve only had it two months and I now have a negative association with it. I rarely drive (51k miles on my last car I had 11 years) so I don’t know if I want to keep something I don’t feel happy about. I was planning to pay off my loan today and...
  10. K

The estimate is from the body shop. They've already taken it apart. I don't have Geico, but the person who hit me does. I am going to ask my insurance to ask Geico if they will just pay off my loan (19K) and we all walk away. It will save the time for repairs, the diminished value claim I'll be...
  11. K

I had it towed to the VW dealer body shop because they had just done some detail work for me and did a good job. Is a dealer shop a bad choice? The estimate has several recycled parts listed from a junkyard. I’m already planning to tell the insurance company no to that.
  12. K

When you go through the Carfax, etc process, they ask if the car has been in an accident or not. Some of them asked how much the repairs were, others didn’t.
  13. K

Went on Carfax and input my vin without an accident and received a $22,000 quote. Went through again and checked "serious accident" not fender bender and it was $21,800. That seems crazy. I guess I'll wait it out for the repairs and hope these types of offers are still out there in a month...
  14. K

I did check a few of them and the prices quoted were pretty good, but I don't know how the accident will factor in. How much did the accident factor into it? Were there any extra hoops to jump through because of the accident?
  15. K

I hope it's ok to start this thread, rather than keep it in the random thread where I had asked about insurance. Long story short, I was t-boned last week and the repair estimate came back at over $9,000. I'm not going to want to keep it, so will be looking to sell it as soon as the body shop...
  16. K

FS Racingline Sport Spring & Damper Kit (new in box)

Hi All, I have a new in unopened box Racingline spring and damper kit (for MK7) purchased from Urotuning. Someone T-boned my car before I could install them and am hoping to avoid the 15% restocking & shipping fees if I return them to UroTuning. I paid $761. Would like to get $700 and I'll...
  17. K

Thanks for that tip. I’ll definitely look into it. I had it towed to the VW dealership body shop. Yay or nay? What sucks is when I bought it, it had a big scratch on the hood and rock chips in two doors. I negotiated having them repaired as part of purchase. I picked it up a week ago from...
  18. K

Interesting, have never heard that threshold before. Doubt they’ll hit that # sadly.
  19. K

Sadly the front driver side wheel is bent in far enough that it won’t move and the driver side door won’t open. I had a similar repair on a car in the past (bent in wheel) and it never felt the same again. The front end clunked and creaked the rest of the time I had it. I have bad VW luck. I’ve...
  20. K

For anyone who has been in an accident, any tips on forcing your (or the person who ran the red light and t-boned you) insurance company to total your car instead of trying to repair?