GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

More Power out of my TDI 1.6 Engine

Thank you Dave, you've been a great help (unlike most car people you've managed to help without being patronising and sarcastic as well lol). I now know where I'm at. Just to clarify my MQ250 Gearbox and clutch is not capable of withstanding the torque that a GTD turbo would supply. In order...
  2. V

Ah now I understand! I can see the problem now... a new gear box and a specific clutch is what you’re saying will be required (alongside the components needed for the build).. something that would cost too much for it to be beneficial. What a shame, if I knew this before I would have chosen a...
  3. V

Yes I have a manual. I have spoken to someone who has successfully fitted a GTD turbo into a 1.6TDI and is now running 199bhp! I don't know the ins and outs yet as I am waiting on a reply from him. But I've heard it was a straight bolt on job with a custom remap.. I will keep you informed on...
  4. V

Ahh okay then! Sorry this forum was given to me by someone! I’ll try there instead - Thank you.
  5. V

Hi All, New to the forum and relatively new to modding cars, I've only been doing it for just under a year. I am happy with my car cosmetic wise now and am looking into some performance mods. I currently have a Stage One remap and am pushing 150bhp and 320nm torque. I am wanting to get close to...