GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

My 2020 GTI S at 13k miles just sold for $28,500.
  2. S

ProClip Phone Mount

Sold
  3. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I just finished my review of my latest dealer service. Likely the first time ever in over 40 years. I was lucky enough to have a fantastic Toyota dealer for a very long time. But the red GTI lured me away for a bit. Being well aware of the differences between Toyota and VW, I had hoped this...
  4. S

Wiper position

My dealer says mine are working and good enough. Lazy ass dealer.
  5. S

Ceramic Pro

I had a fired do our white Malibu last month. It was on my to do list, but injuries have kept me out of most maintenance lately. I did my GTI myself. Decon, two step with 3D One. Took longer than expected due to Cottonwood tree sap. Put Meguiar's hybrid paint coating on it to finish. After...
  6. S

Relative Fuel Economy

I don't notice any real difference in mileage, but the power when I use 91 or 93 is noticeable. Still have our nagging $1.20 gap between that and regular.
  7. S

Relative Fuel Economy

I stopped caring really, but I still look. 100% of the time my computer is within 1 mpg of computed manually, sometimes dead on. Could be the 18" wheels are the sweet spot for the calibration, don't know. Since I don't drive that much anyway, it varies a lot. With silly around town trips of...
  8. S

I have one myself, got it in 2007. Put some good lithium grease in it it might rejuvenate it, new brushes too. I bought two new Griot's polishers and the night and day difference is wonderful. More powerful, ergonomic as all hell, just a pleasure to use.
  9. S

So, where should the bidding start on my 2020 GTI S with less than 11k miles?
  10. S

Torn calf muscle so it's hard to drive the darned car. So I'm reading about Walnut Shell Blasting, VW fuel additives and the CRC GDI intake valve cleaner just to cheer myself up :rolleyes:
  11. S

They were high spots from the coating, I likely went over a little late after it had started to cure. Wiped right off next morning thankfully. Impossible to do this on a red car in bright sun, which is why I used what I did. Forgiving.
  12. S

I got my 2020 GTI S for $23,500 last week of February, 2021. Had just over 5,000 miles. I've seen what the dealer's and online hustlers get for it now and I have to laugh.
  13. S

Finished on Sunday
  14. S

Relative Fuel Economy

On two tanks of 87, I noticed no difference at all in mpg. But no question the GTI runs more sluggish on regular. First time I noticed it was a ramp slightly uphill to the interstate. A little hesitation and definite sluggishness.
  15. S

Relative Fuel Economy

I can probably guess the answer, how many have started to put regular in their tanks? I filled up with 92 non-ethanol yesterday and I was $5.76/gal
  16. S

Relative Fuel Economy

Tires and conditions do have a lot to do with it. Mostly it's the driver. My first longer trip was mostly interstate in the summer, almost 600 miles round trip. On the way over, since the car was pretty new to me, I rarely went under 75, and (sometimes maybe higher?). 37.5 was my mileage...
  17. S

Truly I might just do that.
  18. S

I'd get the A7, likely the Premium Plus. Love the looks and the comfort, great trunk without being dowdy.