GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

DMF upgrades?

Stand corrected, looks like the DMF's are rated for torque.
  2. W

DMF upgrades?

Cheers, thanks for posting. I understood , you needed a heavier flywheel on a diesel, because of the higher CR, (Force induction being less than NA, but still higher than a petrol, although, even driving a petrol with a lightened flywheel is a bit of a challenge...), but didn't realise in...
  3. W

DMF upgrades?

Cheers man! I've been looking for a SMF, but neither me or my local garage can find one, that say they'll fit. Not really about power levels with a DMF, more about longevity. Cars I've had in the past (Volvo mainly tbh...😬) it's the DMF thats given up the ghost before the clutch has, although...
  4. W

DMF upgrades?

(Posted in the 'United Kingdom' section too, but not sure if that's a section of a forum, that might only get a reply in 2yrs time 😬, but the car is sat in a local garage atm, waiting on me making a decision..) I've had a search, and don't seem to be able to find anything , so sorry if this...
  5. W

Dual mass vs solid flywheel?

I've had a search, and don't seem to be able to find anything , so sorry if this has been done to death... Bit of background - My (in the UK) 80k mile ,mk7 Golf 2ltr Diesel clutch pedal hit the floor, brake fluid reservoir low, no fluid around the clutch master cylinder. Topped up and tried...
  6. W

1st Golf , 1st post , couple of issues....

Are the updates free? And I'm hoping I can just take it in, don't need to tie it in with a service? (I'm keeping the car, so I'll be servicing it myself now.) Had an issue over the new year, I'd used the wifes car to go to work, as it hadn't had a run so clearing the cobwebs. Jumped back in the...
  7. W

Parking brake when off by itself

Just been directed to this thread off the main page, as I've the same issue. I've almost run over the Mrs carrying our baby, I've almost hit a parked car in the supermarket, and the Mrs has hit her car!! So, tough titty deal with it, is VW's official answer?...😡
  8. W

Thanks for your reply. I've had a read through, and wow, I thought JLR had bad customer service! Tough titty, deal with it ..... Wonder if you order a Golf new, you can 'upgrade' to an actual handbrake?...🤔 Really? First car I've owned that's not got one, since my 1981 1275GT Mini! Good to...
  9. W

Firstly, sorry for the long post, can't really find any info , so these maybe common faults and easy fixes....🤞 I bought a 2015 Golf 2ltr Bluemotion estate around 2yrs ago, and there's a few niggles started, I've been putting off trying to sort, but the list is now getting longer, and lights up...