GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Stupid question! But I can't seem to shift gears manually with my DSG - I flick shaft to left but it wont go up or down to change gears. Any ideas?
  2. T

Golf mk7 gt front suspension springs

Thanks, not sure if the OEM was used. Car has done 63k, and just had the front springs replaced. It was an independent mechanic, I have asked him to give me the old spring, with the hope it has a part number on it. My fear is that they have used a standard spring and not the lowered sports...
  3. T

Golf mk7 gt front suspension springs

Hi, Just had golf mk7 gt serviced, frint spring had snapped, so they were replaced, however fron lt now looks noticeable higher. The GT model is lowered, does anyone know what type of front springs are fitted with this model? Thanks Tim
  4. T

Golf mk7 tdi 2.0 dsg remap stage 1 revo advice

Thanks the technician I spoke to. Stated anywhere from 171 to 192bhp and between 320 and 420 TQ. Any issues after the tune etc? Cheers Tim
  5. T

Golf mk7 tdi 2.0 dsg remap stage 1 revo advice

Hi, I'm thinking of a stage 1 revo remap. Should a dyno test be required? Also anyone on here had a remap of this brand or another - what bhp and torque did you get? Thanks Tim
  6. T

I'm a new owner of a golf mk 7 2013 - please advise - boot lining under spare wheel soaking wet - Also DPF filter warning has come on

So I've been out for an hour on the M3, 70mph revs just over 2000, the DPF warning light has now stopped coming up and the diesel particle filter blocked (white symbol) no longer comes on dash intermittently. So I'm hoping it's regenerated and cleared the filter. As for the leak, I have had...
  7. T

I'm a new owner of a golf mk 7 2013 - please advise - boot lining under spare wheel soaking wet - Also DPF filter warning has come on

As for the leakage, I checked the drain pipe after seeing some vids it looks okay to me. I think it will be the vent seals. As for previous owner looking after it. It has 5 vw stamps one every 10k, so I thought it all looked okay. I will keep you posted following my motorway drive. Cheers Tim
  8. T

Really appreciate your updates. I posted in panic yesterday and after reading through the forums I see it's common in regards to the leakage and the vents being the problems or the drain pipe, so thanks. As for the DPF, I was annoyed when I picked the car up it was completely empty, had 2...
  9. T

I have just taken this from the garage. Golf TDI 2013 59k miles. Under the spare wheel the boot lining is soaking wet - any ideas? DPF filter warning is this serious? Can I clear this with a long drive. My knowledge on cars is very limited. Thanks Tim