GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. CozB

MK7 1.4 tsi exhaust conversion GTI

Fingers crossed it all goes well sir. have you done anything with the engine in terms of mods etc
  2. CozB

MK7 1.4 tsi exhaust conversion GTI

Hi you want to check out JNB Tuning on YouTube gives you the full run down. it’s a wee bit more complicated than applying a reducer I’m afraid. good luck sir 👍
  3. CozB

Gt badge

Finally got my GT badge on the rear, I think it’s from a MK5 and it’s an OEM part matches the Golf badge perfectly. Went with the measurements from the Golf badge on the other side. Wanted to keep the Silver and Black look of the rest of the car or I would have went with the Polo GT badge as I...
  4. CozB

Gt badge

Good morning Cashy, looking well sir! I think shying away from the fog covers is the right choice but the maxton front and sides look very well. once you get the blades on they will contrast with the skirts and caps well 👍 I’ve got muddies on mine which is half the reason I stayed away from...
  5. CozB

Gt badge

Thank you sir! and good news on the badges coming from the US👍, got mine from Jim Ellis VW in Atlanta only took a week from point of order. don’t know why they don’t come with them as standard. Sets the car off just right. if you use the surround that comes with them you will get them on to...
  6. CozB

Gt badge

And they are on!
  7. CozB

Gt badge

I had thought about a badge there as well ( GT) but I was always wary about the airbag deployment and it potentially firing said badge like a plastic bullet. not sure if that would happen but it always gave me the fear 😨
  8. CozB

Gt badge

Thanks Dave 👍 it was your input that educated me to their existence 😁 bloody expensive getting them across from the states but they do look ace. I have always liked the blade badges on the GTI/GTD’s and I think they will look well when they are on. The weathers to be gash until Sunday so...
  9. CozB

Gt badge

Well, I took a gamble and………..it paid off! The badges have arrived from Atlanta, Georgia. And they are looking well. Only took a week. Now to get them on 😁👍
  10. CozB

Gt badge

Epic Dave 😁 Thank you! Will be able to box it off with the appropriate size of masking tape and apply the GT badge straight in the right side now. Magic.
  11. CozB

Gt badge

Good morning gents, got an update at some random time in the morning to say my GT fender badges are currently being dispatched from Atlanta GA in the US of A! managed to get the exact fitting positions of the “Fender” blades/badges from a GTI forum so have ordered the 5mm detailing tape to...
  12. CozB

Gt badge

lol it so easy to get carried away with it all😁 Nice to put a personal stamp on your motor though. Will be interesting to see how our similar but different take on the GT badges turn out. Dave, as previously mentioned if the USDM dealership enquiries come back with good news about the GT...
  13. CozB

Gt badge

Managed to get an OEM MK5 GT badge from eBay👍 Also have made enquiries to get the GT Passat wing badges across from the US as I would like to keep everything uniform and retain an OEM look. Your set up is going to look epic. The only grief you will have is getting the front badge to stick...
  14. CozB

Gt badge

You have got me thinking about doing the GT badge on the rear now. I’m thinking either go with the same font type GT badge as to mirror the Golf badge. Like the MK5 below. Alternatively I could go with just the GT badge on the left hand side as on the below Polo: The above option will be...
  15. CozB

Gt badge

May have found the wing or “fender” badges: Can’t verify with an image ATM sadly,but it does suggest from the site that they are only available from the USDM dealerships as expected. Will speak to my local VW dealership contact and see if he can shed some light on it👍
  16. CozB

Gt badge

Quality news sir! Will be great to see the pics once you get them on. I originally used double sided tape to hold the badge on the front. This was to facilitate easy removal if required (which worked) I can’t seem to find those Passat GT side badges anywhere unfortunately 😢 They would look...
  17. CozB

Gt badge

Good luck on the hunt sir 😁👍 I think the GT Passat was a proposed concept car and I’m not sure they ever got produced with those badges hence they are like rocking horse poo. You will easily get the front badge from any VW dealer with the code in my previous post. Are you based in the UK?
  18. CozB

Gt badge

Looks well Dave! can’t seem to find a part number for them, or anywhere to get them online sadly 😢
  19. CozB

Gt badge

Morning Dave hope you are well sir! do you have images of the side for the Passat/Jetta USA side wing badges? I too like the idea of them and I’m conscious we don’t have anything in the UK apart from the bluemotion wing badges that relate to our cars.
  20. CozB

Gt badge

Good morning Cashy, that I did not sir. Ended up taking the badge off the grill removing the TSI badge from the back and leaving the Golf badge on. Actually got a fair amount of positive feedback on it but grew not to like and went back to the standard look. I have went for a more stealthy...