GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

The bottom of the tray is a removable single piece of felt. I really just did the sides to finish off all of it for fun.
  2. N

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Fully felted the underseat drawer. Half a sheet worth of adhesive back felt from hobby store.
  3. N

Helix harness part #?

You can remake the harness, it might not save you much money vs the genuine Helix T Harness. You'll need ~ 30ft of 9 conductor speedwire. And a quadlock extension, preferably with the removable blocks. Will be hacking it and splicing it for the correct pins and plug and play aspect. The VW...
  4. N

How to: Make a mk7 6MT Suck Less

Just recently removed the CDV and bled the clutch. Fluid that came out was very dark, but noticed the clutch pedal was immediately much lighter than before. Drives normally, engagement is quicker, but not sure if the pedal pressure difference was result of old fluid. Should that be the case?
  5. N

I sold the sportwagen and moved on

How many miles on it after 6 years? Any issues with the car? Ive had my 2017 for 4 years 60k, debating if I should get rid of it outside of warranty now. Have had thermostat housing replaced twice. And timing chain cover once.
  6. N

Helix sub question

Sounds like you are describing amplifier hiss. The helix amp has its gain up really high to give you that loudness and sub thump. There's a potentiometer (small plastic screw) on the amp people have messed with to turn down the bass levels if you wanted to see if that helps.
  7. N

Mostly OEM Audio System Hurts my Ears at 1/3 Volume

Maybe a lower soundstage would be less painful. You could get coaxial speakers and unplug the a pillar tweeters. But then I'd guess you would have to go back to stock radio or get a new amplifier setup.
  8. N

EQ Advice

I agree lol. But it's what the software decided on.
  9. N

EQ Advice

Might as well share the system setup as well. 5 channel amp/dsp powering the front tweeters and mids active, as well as a 10" sealed subwoofer. None of the drivers or parts are really expensive. I just wanted an upgrade over the base system and helix upgrade. Pioneer TS-Z65C 6.5 component...
  10. N

EQ Advice

It took me awhile to understand how to use and implement the software. Current EQ is okay now, here's what I measured this morning. And yes the match DSP does time align the sub. You pick the reference speaker and put in it's distance to mic. Then the auto time align does rest.
  11. N

6.75 speaker adapter rings needed

If you were not going to reuse rivets, I'd recommend any of the 1 inch universal adapters for 6.5 speakers. The 4 door holes seem to be standard spacing with any aftermarket speakers. Avoid the VW Tiguan 6.5 adapter that's available. It's too tall and even after trimming the door card to fit...
  12. N

2021 golf 1.4 6mt: Is stock flywheel dual or single mass?

I've got the 02Q 6mt transmission on my 4motion sportwagen. Changing gears was much quieter after changing to a different manual transmission fluid vs the oem fluid
  13. N

Fog light harness 2016 Golf Sportwagen SE missing

What did you get from BKS ? The one harness they sell looks like the one for gti and gte . I've only seen AliExpress sell the one for mk7 golf and sportwagen The fog light connector is different on gti fog lights.
  14. N

Fog light harness 2016 Golf Sportwagen SE missing

It's possible the previous owner(s) pulled the harness and switch and probably sold or used it on another mk7 golf. Info is scattered around all the VW forums, this one has a lot of good info if you want to do it the oem route...
  15. N

Question on 2021 Fender System

Google VW 3B7 035 447 for the brown 8 pin connector. But it's a lot cheaper to just browse ebay for a used VW or Audi radio harness, that has it included. So you'll already have the pins and wires already included.
  16. N

Fender A pillars

I was hoping it was held in with one or two small pegs and can pop off easily. Not a big deal.
  17. N

Fender A pillars

Is the fender/dynaudio badges on the A pillar tweeter grill removable? The premium audio grills look much nicer and thinking of swapping them in to replace my basic A pillars. *Also not planning to use the fender/dynaudio tweeters, I already have an aftermarket setup in my car.
  18. N

Door speakers

Definitely a full range signal out of each channel. My dsp's input analyzer is showing these results, the rears look to actually put out a flatter signal. My car is 2017 golf sportwagen 4motion. (MIB2)
  19. N

Spyder Auto fog light install?

Sounds like you pretty much have the right idea about what's involved in the install. It looks like a typical aftermarket relay harness: - you are wiring it to positive on the battery and ground to the chassis - the wired switch you will need to remove battery and run through the available...
  20. N

EQ Advice

Thanks for sharing your graph! I haven't tried much yet, just trying to get an idea of what the dip might be. My measurement came after setting up crossover, time alignment, and leveling left and right. And auto eq with my new match m5dsp. I'll try flipping polarity on the sub first.