GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Jargon

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

I do track the car (with you before) but I don't experience smoking or or excessive oil consumption. Edit* - Brocoli
  2. Jargon

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Can someone please ELI5? I'm sorry I've watched the videos but I'm not an very technical person. I currently have the IE open CAI and the IE Turbo inlet pipe. Does this data suggest the TIP is putting additional stress on my crankcase? If so what are the potential risks? Would switching back to...
  3. Jargon

Rear Diffuser

For me it was hard to really get an understanding of what they look like online. I ultimately ran out of momma don't know money before I could buy one anyway. But I did attend Fastivus which is a VW event full of Mk7 GTI's and R's (I now some guys on this forum have also attended). I was able...
  4. Jargon

WTB (Want To Borrow) OBDeleven Next Gen

Is there a local VW facebook group in your area? I have a couple local groups to me and if I posted this I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would be willing to help.
  5. Jargon

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Over the weekend I installed the Audi RS3 Brake Ducts, I installed a 25MM NUESPEED RSB with Moog End Links and the the BMP pedal spacer. I haven't had the chance to really get on it yet so see the impact of the RSB but it seems to be a little more tail happy. The Pedal spacer took 10 minutes to...
  6. Jargon

WTB Lapiz Blue Front Tow Hook Cover

I made the mistake of not disconnecting mine when I put the tow hook in on my last track day. It's gone. I saw unpainted OEM ones for sale for around $30. Was hoping someone here has one from a part out or something. Thanks
  7. Jargon

Turbo Flutter After Inlet Pipe Install

wow thank you. Sorry I've been too busy to take my own video but this is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Good to hear it's normal. Never heard it after intake only after Inlet pipe.
  8. Jargon

Turbo Flutter After Inlet Pipe Install

I have had the IE intake for a while and love it. I think it sounds great and looks great under the hood. I recently did the Inlet pipe as well. Probably a placebo effect as I know there is no data to support this but I felt like the turbo was spooling a little faster and there was a little more...
  9. Jargon

Best Products For Cleaning Aftermarket Wheels

This was the advice I was given. Thanks!
  10. Jargon

Best Products For Cleaning Aftermarket Wheels

I recently purchased and installed Kansei KNP Bronze wheels. I friend of mine told me he has always been weary of wheel cleaners for painted wheels and suggested I just use soap and water. I'm ok with that but I was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations on the best products or methods...
  11. Jargon

19" Factory Pretorias For Sale - Northern Virginia

I will see if the shop can do that for me today when the new ones go on. I don't have the tool (other than a penny)
  12. Jargon

New wheels should go on tomorrow and I will post pics of the prets off the car. Cheers!
  13. Jargon

I am selling my factory prets and going with a smaller lighter wheel. Wheels are all in good shape with no damage or curb rash. I much prefer a local sale but if they don't sell after a couple weeks I would consider shipping. Looking for $1,000 Thank you for your consideration.
  14. Jargon

Wtb: VW Pretoria Wheels [DMV Area

I'm in the DMV and I have a set of 19's. I would confidently say they are 9/10. I have been looking at wheels for some time and want to get a set of lighter 18's. I'm probably a few months away from pulling the trigger but I would consider selling them when I change wheels. Tire tread is...
  15. Jargon

FS: PA Konig Hexaform w/ Advan Apex

I was actually interested in seeing the wheels on the car at stock height.
  16. Jargon

FS: PA Konig Hexaform w/ Advan Apex

Is your car lowered or is that the stock height?
  17. Jargon

Tiny side window cover/vents?

Here you go https://www.badgeskins.com/store/p229/VW-MK7-75-Golf-Front-Triangle-Window-Overlay.html
  18. Jargon

Which spark plugs for a EQT Stage 1 tuned daily driver?

EQT recommends stock plugs for stage 1
  19. Jargon

Looking for brake upgrade options

As a point of reference I put on EBC - yellow stuff on the front's last fall and left the rear stock original pads on. I have completed two tracks days and the Yellow stuff really held up well. I would say at this time they are fine to run for daily but I will replace all 4 before my next track...