GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Insurance to cover manual transmission?

It's a 2019 but beyond 12-months. But still, 3400 miles and the clutch fails. I will take your advice though and insist they show me the parts that failed. Super idea. Thanks so much for it.
  2. M

That's a great idea. I'll do that Monday. I've driven manual transmissions for well over 53-years and have never, ever had a clutch problem. I've never "burned out" a clutch even on "hot" cars. I'll contact VW customer service. I'm going to try and convince them it had to have been a...
  3. M

Thanks for your reply. I bought the car new. I hoped there was a transmission problem that caused the clutch issue, but nope, the transmission was fine so I'm stuck with paying the clutch bill. I haven't received a phone call yet from the service people but I expect I will hear from them...
  4. M

Yep - the VW folks told me the warranty ran for 12 months or 12,000 miles. I was also told the clutch is treated like tires in that it is not covered by warranty. That was a tough pill to swallow since I bought every type warranty VW offered and heard over and over, "Now you're covered bumper...
  5. M

With a total of 3,490 miles I get to spend upwards of $3,500 to buy a new manual transmission since the car is over 12-months old (it is 18-months old. I caught COVID and felt very sick for over 6-months.) I've argued, pleaded, etc. to no avail. I really like this car but I just didn't do my...
  6. M

Mk7 steering wheel.

Forgive me, this really has nothing to do with your post. I'm brand new and can't figure out how to address a message to "everybody?" You did it with this post I believe, but how did you accomplish it please? Again, sorry to mess-up your query/responses.