GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. gixxerfool

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

What a cool idea!
  2. gixxerfool

I didn’t see CHEP there. I don’t know how I missed him. The Peopoly printer. It was only doing print moves because it got damaged in shipping. I can’t imagine it will be cheap since all the magnets were laid by hand. HueForge was pretty prominent as well. Everyone had some version of 3D...
  3. gixxerfool

Thanks, but like you said we were ok. My wife was more upset about killing a deer. We were able to drive the car home, so that was a plus as we were still 60+ miles from home. It was a ton of fun. I posted the following on Discord, but feel it bears repeating: This was my first 3D printing...
  4. gixxerfool

I forgot to post the few pics from ERRF I took. The show was a blast. It really had that vibe like the old horror conventions I use to attend. Really community driven and just lots to see. Now that it is rebranded 3D Printopia I hope it doesn’t lose that charm. I managed to talk to Scott from...
  5. gixxerfool

Sorry missed this completely. Build volume is stock Ender 5 Pro. So 235x235x250(?) I may try to up it with a CR10 bed down the road. I don’t know if I posted it, but will be more than happy to again. -Orbiter 2.0 extruder with FRS and Turbiter mod -Phaetus Rapido 2 -BTT EBB36 toolhead board...
  6. gixxerfool

Still building my Mercury One.1. Really taking the time to do things right. All the while still learning to tune for ASA, which I think I’m pretty good now. It can be. Honestly, it’s the best way to learn with it. You will know exactly what’s wrong when it happens. Considering the car...
  7. gixxerfool

IE stage 1 ecu/tcu

I spoke to Ed at EQT about this. He recommends to flash back to stock as I’m sure most would to eliminate the chance of any issues. I would contact IE and see what they say, but I have a feeling they will tell you something similar.
  8. gixxerfool

The Meanwell PS are pretty stout. It seems like the firmware ramps up the fan pretty early on, so I figure if heat gets to be an issue it will just shut off anyways. I don’t like using an enclosure, mostly because I find it a PITA more than anything.
  9. gixxerfool

Perhaps. I haven’t heard of this before. I’ve seen Prusas in enclosures too. For the price of a new PSU I would rather keep it where it’s at and have to replace it than move it. For instance: I was getting some gnarly Z banding on parts out of nowhere and making it weirder was it was...
  10. gixxerfool

Just make sure it’s printed in either ABS, or ASA at least. PC should work but not many place use it.
  11. gixxerfool

I don’t see why you would have to, but I don’t see why you can’t move it to the exterior if there’s enough slack. I wouldn’t go through the trouble. A lot of these companies sell enclosures that slide the whole printer right inside.
  12. gixxerfool

Thanks. It was also cobbled together from scrap. I only purchased one piece of MDF and the piano hinges. I’m a material hoarder for stuff like this. The MDF, hinges and feet still set me back about $60. The hinges are kind of crap too.
  13. gixxerfool

The parts are still rolling in for my Mercury One.1 build. Had to build an enclosure for my E3V2 to print the parts. After a lot of wasted filament, I have it dialed in pretty well I think. I also built a bench where the printer will live. Here are some intermediate pics until I finish...
  14. gixxerfool

Clapped out 79 Kawasaki KZ650-Now in HD!

Updated first post with pics.
  15. gixxerfool

This is really nice. I hope the actual product is as nice. LiDAR is probably not going to be as widespread as you think. It has limitations with bed surface and such being a factor. It’s a great step, for sure. I wonder if they’re using a fork if Spaghetti Detective or if they designed their...
  16. gixxerfool

I don’t see why not. That’s the beauty of it for me. I like that they used flat non-marring jaws too. It will be great for PCBs.
  17. gixxerfool

Wheeeee!! More parts arrived. My BTT controller with drivers and CANBUS boards came. Hot end fans arrived as well. Still waiting on hot end parts. I ordered the acrylic for the electronics enclosure too. That will be a couple of weeks. I also picked up a new tool. It may be the nicest tool I...
  18. gixxerfool

It’s dope but I’ve joined printed parts and it’s a task I don’t want to have to do if I don’t have to.
  19. gixxerfool

Parts started arriving. I have cleared an area in my basement to build a bench for it. I have parts to build an enclosure for my Ender 3 for my ASA parts I need to print. I’m waiting on the extruder and hot end as well as all the electronics. There’s some odds and ends, but I’m not...
  20. gixxerfool

It will have to be Saturday. It’s a bit of a drive for me and I will want Sunday to recover. I have found Saturday’s are better for cons anyways.