GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Sold

messaged
  2. B

2022 Track Days

Just did LVMS outside road course short config this last Sunday. Plan to do that again in March and then the full 3.1 in April. No plans for out of state at this time.
  3. B

Las Vegas VW Owner

I did that Track day. It was a blast!
  4. B

Clunk noise from BC racing coilovers

No the round rubber piece that goes in the rear lower control arm below the spring.
  5. B

Break up under hard left turns, fuel starvation?

Damn guys! Super technical info. I appreciate the help. I don’t have an OBD11. Sounds like I need to get one. I’m thinking I will try the updated pcv for now. Just because I’m not sure when my next track day will be. It’s getting hot out here. I’m sure the track days will be limited unless I...
  6. B

Oh snap! We had a great time on the last session there! I’m going to give the pcv a shot. It certainly can’t hurt. I can understand the stability control being freaked out. I found out I was able to prevent it by staying off the apex of that corner. I’m starting to wonder if I was...
  7. B

Just ordered the BL revision and new plugs. Don’t know when my next track say is but I’ll update when I get back to the track. Thanks for the info guys!!
  8. B

I fully agree. It needs to be controlled properly. Looks like I need to start with the bl pcv
  9. B

The CC kits all come with a plate that removes the pcv all together.
  10. B

So I’m doing some research on the PCV valves and seeing a lot about catch cans. Should I just install on oil catch can?
  11. B

Honestly the camber in the rear was just to clear the +35 offset wheels with the azenis, tires are very wide for a 235. I experienced 0 under steer and only a couple instances of oversteer, caused by me. Traction wise it felt hooked up. I’ll attach some pictures of the front tire wear because I...
  12. B

I will look into both of those. Thank you.
  13. B

No. No smoke at all all day. It did use about 1/4 quart of oil throughout the day though.
  14. B

Unfortunately no I don’t have any video. Couldn’t get my GoPro working. I had the slightest but of rubbing before adjusting the camber. I know it doesn’t run out side. I’m wondering if it’s may be rubbing the inner fender? The reason I think it’s some sort of starvation is because it takes a few...
  15. B

Wheels are 18x8.5 +35. Tires are falken azenis rt660 235/40/18. Car is functionally low, not slammed. Camber is -2 front and -2.4 in rear. There is an audible noise. Sounds and feels like a bucking vehicle when you let the clutch out with out enough throttle. I plan to get it up on a lift to...
  16. B

So I did my track day yesterday. Everything went great! Better than expected. We had temperatures in the low 90’s. Heat soak became a small issue, cutting power a little bit. Not a major issue. I know how to remedy that. The issue that I’m not sure of is an stumble/break up on hard left turns...
  17. B

Oil temps on track days

I have the 5w40 in now. I'll probably stick with that
  18. B

Oil temps on track days

Yeah I have the PP brakes. Your buddy's WRX probably was going to blow up anyways. Thats just what they do
  19. B

Oil temps on track days

Thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye out and take a cool down lap when it gets close to 270. I just changed the oil about a week ago with Castrol full synthetic. Future plans are for a front mount intercooler.
  20. B

Oil temps on track days

I am doing my first track day with the GTI next weekend and wanted to know what oil temps I should be watching out for. From all of the research I have done, I see that people are mentioning oil temp can be an issue on warmer days. I am in Las Vegas so we are expecting it getting close to the...