GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Waltari

Hagerty’s HPDE/Track Day Insurance...do you buy policies or not?

I was just curious for those of you that do time trials or HPDE...do you ever purchase a policy for the day or season through Hagerty? Ever had to file a claim? I've been getting policies for peace of mind since starting doing HPDE 5 years ago, but am wondering if there are enough loopholes in...
  2. Waltari

FS- Non-pp Brakes - calipers, rotors, lines, pads $200/obo

Upgraded my GTI to PP brakes and am trying to clear out the garage. Selling the full set that came off my Non-PP car (312mm/272mm). Includes: 2015 GTI non-pp front and rear calipers/carriers 2015 GTI non-pp factory good condition front/rear rotors (roughly 50k miles with a set of Akebono Euro...
  3. Waltari

HID headlight bulb replacement, good grief

Any members in Germany that care to track down the MK7 HID lighting designer and walk them through the public streets shaming them. What happened to the days of unplug, twist out the old bulb, insert the new and on your way. So happy I have the HID lighting package and it took 1.5-2hrs to...
  4. Waltari

WTB - Drivers door window glass MK7 GTI

I need to replace the window glass in the drivers door of my MK7 GTI. Anyone parting a car that might have one available. Checking here before I ping LKQ
  5. Waltari

Headlight issue (video)

I have a 2015 GTI. Recently, one of the lights on the passenger side started to turn a pinkish color. Its now shifted to a cold white and started flashing intermittently. Is this simply a dying bulb, an issue with some kind of ballast, or ??? Video of the issue below. Anyone have any thoughts?
  6. Waltari

Track day at Portland International Raceway 7/24/22

We had a track day combined with the SCCA National Time Trials tour on the 24th at PIR. Pretty warm (90's) so was a bit down on power, but it made it pretty easy to keep heat in the tires. When I could get clean laps, I was feeling pretty consistent with my avg lap times. Two issues I need to...
  7. Waltari

Track day fuel consumption differences between tunes

Anyone else that does track days and has switched tunes notice significant differences in fuel consumption? I used to run an APR stage 1 tune the last few seasons and this season had switch to IE's stage 2. I would have assumed a bit more fuel consumption, but just the opposite. With the APR...
  8. Waltari

Switched from an APR to IE tune and have noticed some interesting changes (including white/gray smoke under hard braking on track days)

Had my first day on track for the season at PIR on the 15th and this was the first time out for me running a new tune (stage2 IE 91oct and DSG tune vs my prior APR stage1). A few things I noticed: Power deliver seems much more linear with the IE tune. APR always felt a bit like a hammer drop...
  9. Waltari

Recap Track Day April 15th Portland International Raceway

Had my first day on track for the season at PIR this past Friday. Shocked we actually made it on track as Monday, the Portland area had overnight snow! In typical NW fashion, it proceeded to rain Tues, Weds, Thurs, and by Friday, all the snow was gone and we were in the low 50's with blue...
  10. Waltari

Mods Please Delete

Need to pickup a stock exhaust for my MK7 GTI. Hoping to find something local and reasonably priced. Let me know if you switched to aftermarket and you've got your stock exhaust taking up space in your garage. Thanks! Matthew Portland, OR
  11. Waltari

WTB MK7 GTI Stock exhaust

Need to pickup a stock exhaust for my MK7 GTI. Hoping to find something local and reasonably priced. Let me know if you switched to aftermarket and you've got your stock exhaust taking up space in your garage. Thanks! Matthew Portland, OR
  12. Waltari

034 RSB, tire pressure, and traction control settings - looking for advice

I have a 2015 MK7 GTI non-PP diff, an 034 RSB, stock suspension, and OZ Ultraleggera 18" rims with 225/40r18 RE71R tires (less than 1000 miles and 1 track day). On my last track day (78 degrees, no rain), I did air down tire pressure after my first session and was running with traction control...
  13. Waltari

Track Night in America events - PIR

Anyone else headed to the TNiA event at PIR on the 16th? I know of two other GTI owners besides myself that'll be attending.
  14. Waltari

MK7 GTI Non-PP Brakes - $450/obo + Shipping

Just upgraded my GTI to PP brakes and am selling the full set that came off my Non-PP car (312mm/272mm). Includes: 2015 GTI non-pp front and rear calipers/carriers 2015 GTI non-pp factory good condition front/rear rotors (roughly 50k miles with a set of Akebono Euro Ceramic Pads that have...