GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

ESC Button Retrofit

Honestly, if I had been in this situation, no electronic parking brake and 3 blanks, I wouldn't have dared to fit the buttons. The fact that I had at least 2 buttons already installed and @golfdave's presentation was impeccable gave me the courage to try. I have zero knowledge in car...
  2. C

ESC Button Retrofit

Do not use the harness that came with the buttons. That's what I bought on Aliexpress. I carefully unwrapped the insulation on the left cable and used only the wires. This is T17D connector and in the pin 5. Carefully pry open the T10ks connector to insert the wire into pin 9. I...
  3. C

Mk7 2013 defrost vent removal

I have the same problem. I've been following her for 2 years. I can't figure out where that noise is coming from. I searched to see if anyone solved the problem but found nothing. So I bought an endoscopic camera and did dozens of investigations with it on board. Nothing. This is the clearest...
  4. C

How to retro-fit the traction control (ESC) button to a Mk7 Golf

Hello, I had a similar harness. Yes, it’s pinned different than what @golfdave presents. I didn't use that harness. So I used the existing cable and just pulled a new wire from the ESC button pin 5 to the T17D connector. My car initially had only the buttons in the picture. Original harness...
  5. C

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

When I mounted the shield I had the same problems as you. I was sure it wouldn't fit. After a few tests I found the right way. The first time the shield is inserted on the thread next to the exhaust. Then screw the plastic nut (WHT000713) only partially. And then connect the shield to the metal...
  6. C

Oil Catch Can Integrated on 1.4 TSI Engine?

To install an oil catch can on EA211 engines you have to get rid of the stock hose (Nr.1 in the diagram) and connect an hose that goes from the PCV to the inlet port of the oil catch can, you then connect another hose that goes from the outlet port of the oil catch can to the hose fitting...
  7. C

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Front tray and front exhaust tunnel cover. The only thing left to install - the MK8 Golf lower rear aero covers. Extraordinary. The engine is barely audible. Very pleased. Thanks again @golfdave.
  8. C

What are your favourite winter tires?

On winter I shift from 18" to 16". I have been using Blizzak LM001 for 7 years. Very good when the snow is high. But in the last three years not a single snowflake has fallen. I am not happy at all to use 3 months the winter tires just because the law requires it.
  9. C

How to retro-fit the TPMS (SET!) button to a Mk7 Golf

How to unlock J104 connector. To check that you have put the safety in place, pull one of the plastic dummy.
  10. C

How to retro-fit the TPMS (SET!) button to a Mk7 Golf

Hello, First of all I want to thank @golfdave for this topic. Without his directions I would not have succeeded. I still can't believe I succeeded. It's the first time I dare to work on the electric part of my car. I hope that the experience I had will help others to retro-fit the TPMS button...
  11. C

I have install today the rear axle cover. Thank you @golfdave for this topic and for the instructions.
  12. C

What is this thing?

I disassembled the inside of the car to soundproof it. To my surprise I found packages sealed with foam inside inserted in the empty spaces in the walls of the car. There is not much information on the internet but I found out that they are sponge wing sound isolation. VW introduced these...
  13. C

Thank you for your answer. You gave a detailed explanation and it doesn't seem so difficult. I will give it a try by my self to install.
  14. C

vland mk7.5 Sequential taillight

Hello, I installed on my Golf MK7 the same model of aftermarket taillights that JR14 installed on his car. I notice in the images on EBAY that the connections are identical to mine. In the picture on site vland-official.com the connections are different from those on EBAY. You must connect the...
  15. C

Hello, I decided to install the (ESC) button first and then the TPMS button. Instead of buying the product 5G1927137S I bought a complete kit from Aliexpress. The ESC and TPMS functions are active in info entertainment screen. My car only has the buttons in the picture. I'm not going to use...
  16. C

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

I've been following this product for 2 years. It got cheaper but they still seem a bit expensive. I think it is the best choice for golf mk7. No additional holes in the tailgate are required. https://www.autoease.com/product/liftgate/
  17. C

Shift Knobs

I have a DFG Tuning shift knob.
  18. C

2020 Golf GTI TCR Review by Matt Brand Cars

Hello, I have the same type of car and I had the same problem. I solved it using OBDeleven. After a while the problem reappeared. The start/stop system is integrated into virtually all of the central control modules. The causes can be multiple - Power consumption is high, AC problem, etc. I took...
  19. C

DIY Guide and Review: AKD AliExpress MK7.5 LED Tail Lights for NAR MK7 Golf

Hello, I bought my tail lights from here a year ago. It works perfectly and the the harness are included. No coding required. Just plug and play. https://marsperformance.com.au/MK75-R-Style-Full-LED-Tail-lights-Sequential-Indicators-VolksWagen-VW-Golf-VII-MK-7-Hatch