GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Y

DRL intermittent issue

Hi, I have a mk7 golf R and the DRL on the right is intermittent. - Sometimes it works fine and both rings light up. - Other times neither ring lights up. - Other times 1 ring lights up but the other doesn't. Eventually the one that's lit up flickers a little and goes out I scanned with...
  2. Y

Drl not working

On my mk7 R on one side the Drl is not working. No error codes showing on the mfd. I scanned it with vcds and the only error I get is 452867 and 452874 front right ride height sensor. How is this connected to the drl not working?
  3. Y

Climate control unit turns off itself?

It was a cold morning and I turned the screen defrost on so it was on full speed. After a few minutes I turned it off so it was just normal air coming out of the vents on level 3 or 4. After driving for about 5 minutes, the system just went off itself. I turned it back on but a few minutes later...
  4. Y

Petrol flap issue

Mk7 2014 Golf R owner. So whenever I go to the petrol station I get out of the car, usually press the unlock button on the driver door, but when I go to the fuel flap and press it, it doesn't open. I go back to the drivers door, press the unlock button again and try the fuel flap again and...
  5. Y

Replacing glove compartment door

The door for my glove compartment is all scratched and I was looking to replace it. I have purchased another scratch from glove box from a dismantler and I have managed to remove the door (don't want to replace the whole glove compartment) Has anyone done this and know how to remove the 2...
  6. Y

Headlight Mist

Hi, My headlights look find during the day but when the lights are on they look misty. I can't figure out if it's on the inside or outside, but I suspect outside. Anyone else have this issue and tips on how to resolve it? Any help is appreciated.
  7. Y

HVAC whistle

MK7 R owner. HVAC seems to be whistling quite loudly. I notice it most on level 4 but it's still there on the levels above but drowned out a bit by the sound of the increased air pressure. When the AC is turned on it can get really loud but it's pretty much always there regardless of...
  8. Y

Number plate LED help

Hi, Iv got a 2014 Mk7 R. I'm wanting to change the number plate lights to some crisp white LED lights. I have vcds and from what I can gather, I will need to code the car to avoid the error. Don't want any with built in resistors due to the potential heat issue. Can I just purchase...
  9. Y

Exhaust valve flap stuck open

Hi, New Golf R owner here. 2014. One of my exhaust flaps is stuck open. Comes up with an error on vcds and iv easily identified which one it is as the exhaust smoke is blowing out of the outer pipe on the drivers side when in comfort mode. Do I just simply replace the valve or could it be...
  10. Y

Noisy climate control/AC

Hi Folks, Recently purchased a 2014 MK7 R. Iv noticed the whole climate system is very noisy compared to my old Mk5 GTI. - When AC is switched on there is an immediate noise for about 5 seconds. I think this may be normal to be fair but hoping someone can clarify. - In general when the AC...
  11. Y

Vcds - Valve for exhaust flap 2 fault (P3023)

Hi All, Got my car scanned today using vcds and I got the above fault. Any ideas how I go about getting this fixed. I'm assuming one of the flaps isn't opening when the car is put in race/sport mode. Thanks
  12. Y

Delete

I have no idea how to delete this thread. Can someone please delete. Thanks
  13. Y

New Golf R owner - Few Questions

Hi, New Golf R owner and 1st time poster so be gentle. 2014, DSG, Black Leather Interior, Wide Screen Sat Nav, DCC 1. When I turn the engine off there seems to be what sounds like a buzzing sound or a fan that continues to run for approx 3-4 minutes after. Is this normal? Happens everytime...