GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Sunroof Switch malfunction

Edit: The reset procedure below worked and resolved the issue. Looking for help with sunroof: 2017 GTI SE - toggling the sunroof button Push vent up - nothing happens Pull back to slide open - opens as normal Pull vent down - nothing happens Push forward to slide closed - closes as normal...
  2. S

Intercooler Questions

Finished install of DO88 intercooler on 17 GTI. As should be expected, IAT's have lowered to range between ambient - 10-15 degrees over during cruising. Reading the numbers on accessport: boost pressure used to peak around 29 PSI or so. Now with new IC, pressures seem to peak more around 28...
  3. S

SB 3 Installed - My thoughts (for anyone interested)

Update 2: -about 270 miles. Clutch has lightened up tons - now I can see why people are saying “about 20% extra effort”. It kind of seems to go back and fourth between stiff, light, then back to stiff again after sitting, then lightening up. Grab point has pulled up a bit too. Less “fighting”...
  4. S

Update: 170 miles into break in and the pedal just seemed to fairly significantly lighten up. Seems like more road/engine is transmitted through to the pedals due to the mount inserts. There is a “vibration”/noise/rumble at low speeds/rpm’s most notably in 2nd and third. Different than the...
  5. S

Just got home after picking up the car from clutch install. 17 GTI SE 6 MT with 41k miles. Have put about 100 miles (probably 70 back roads and 30 highway, all while trying to throw in as many gear changes as possible) onto the new clutch already. This is my first aftermarket clutch on any car...
  6. S

DP: MAP vs. Cobb (or others?)

I am really just looking to vent a little bit... I was hoping to grab a SB Stg 3 Daily clutch marked down for BF but have yet to see it yet :-( Being that I was going to be replacing the clutch anyways after my EQT Stg 1 is slipping, I figured I might as well upgrade the DP and go stage 2...
  7. S

Brand new COBB DP

Cost picked up?
  8. S

Cobb Price hike?

had been looking at a catted DP. Saw hem listed at something like $900 or $995. Was going to pull the trigger for Black Friday sale, today seeing they got marked up to $1150. Anybody have any insight into this?
  9. S

Southbend Stg 3 Daily Life/Longevity

Ok. Assuming you are daily/spirited driving the car and not making more power than the clutch is rated for. What other important variables might we be talking here to get a general idea of life expectancy of an aftermarket clutch? I’m trying to get a best estimate to figure if I might need to...
  10. S

Southbend Stg 3 Daily Life/Longevity

Obviously subject to variances in driving styles, harshness, etc. but overall, what is a conservative estimate on life/longevity of one of these clutches? Trying to make a determination if the extra $$ to buy from FCPEuro is worth it for lifetime warranty over upfront savings from EQT. thanks.
  11. S

Misfires? If you’re stock, do you have any too?

I’m getting stoked to finally load this tune up. Gotta try to get my hands on a 10a charger (only have a motorcycle trickle charger at the moment) and figure out a possible clutch and IC upgrade
  12. S

Took car to dealer who plugged their scanning tool in. They stated they didn’t see any misfires on their scanner and definitely didn’t see any faults or CELs. the rationale I got: “whatever scanner you’re using [OBD11] must be just super sensitive”. otherwise, car seems to be running fine and...
  13. S

Thank you for sharing the article and your experience
  14. S

Makes sense however, “As always, if your tuner recommends you go with a colder plug, then you should listen.” Is it needed? Who knows, probably not. Will it benefit? Don’t know. Is it recommended via EQT? Yes. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  15. S

RS7 plugs are gapped to 0.024. Stock plugs are at their stock gap. the reason for the colder plugs are for the upcoming tune as they are recommended
  16. S

Switched to NGK one step colder plugs. Noticed some misfires via OBD11 (not enough to trigger a fault or CEL). Swapped back to stock plugs. Still noticing misfires. Have an appt at VW in a few weeks but curious as to other opinions before going in. Car is on CPO warranty for another 10 months...
  17. S

Cat Back vs Upgraded DP w/stock

I was looking at some old threads... if I could grab a CSS muffler for the prices people were getting them for previously, I would consider it. But I haven't seen a price for under $500 shipped, and thats not including any kind of install either. In my head... I'm just trying to think "$700...
  18. S

Sir, I am quite glad to catch your response. I have certainly combed through a good amount of your sticky thread. You certainly seem to know what you're taking about! Thank You. Not going to lie, I am a little surprised with that good sound from an eBay setup. I think I remember reading a post...
  19. S

Need someone to play father/big brother here.... Looking for a little extra tone and growl from the car. Original thoughts/plans are to stay "Stage 1" for drivability/reliability and mostly, because I would rather NOT do a clutch upgrade, meaning cat-back only. Starting to wonder if I should...
  20. S

Commencing Mods.... sort of?

Going to try to keep this short and sweet... I bought an EQT Tune back in Nov for boost sale and more recently, some RS7 plugs to pair. I think I'm finally going to get around to installing. Car is a 17 GTI SE 6MT purchased in 6/20 CPO with 2 year warranty. Car has 1 oil change, about 36k miles...