GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed BFI engine & transmission mounts. The trans mount was missing one bolt so I had to shorten and reuse one of the original bolts......
  2. M

AliExpress Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

Yeah the app works much better especially on the messaging side. Sometimes messages will be missing on the PC.
  3. M

Trim from these guys ALL EXCELLENT Official Store https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtKJNwc Steering wheel from here Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $120.00 50%OFF | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel for Volkswagen GOLF MK7 GTI R GTE GTS RLINE POLO SCIROCCO GTD...
  4. M

Good to know, that makes a lot of since.
  5. M

Very happy with the steering wheel and trim. The picture doesn't do it justice and the best part it the carbon matches my leg! lol
  6. M

Trim piece came in today. The carbon laid over the plastic trim looks good. The plastic trim piece itself looks like a cheap aftermarket part. I put it on the steering wheel but didn't pop it all the way on, it looks like it will fit nicely. I am happy with the look of the carbon overlay but...
  7. M

Came in today 24 days after placing the order. First impressions - looks exactly like the pictures online. Stitching looks good, overall quality feels nice, feels solid. The "perforated leather" is actually dimpled and not perforated. Not that this is good or bad, just an observation. Not...
  8. M

Not bad at all. Pretty easy to do in the garage with jack stands. Dropping the exhaust down a little bit helps a lot. I reused all of the one time use hardware with no issues.
  9. M

H&R Rear sway bar with Moog end links.
  10. M

The one I ordered is supposedly real carbon weave laid over an oe type trim. It was $145.00 from Aile I guess we will see when it gets here. I looked at the ECS one and found mixed reviews. Most liked it but there were some comments saying that if you looked close you could tell it was a...
  11. M

I also ordered this from AilExpress. Hopefully the 2 aftermarket parts work well together.
  12. M

Got this message this morning. Hopefully won't be too long now.
  13. M

Yeah they all look exactly the same and are about the same cost. They most likely do all come from the same Factory
  14. M

Thanks for everyone's input. I ordered one from AliExpress "KCDCP Carbon Store". They were pretty responsive and use FedEx IP for shipping. I'll post pictures when it gets here.
  15. M

Anyone have any feedback / experience with carbon fiber steering wheel from aliexpress? I think I like the one linked below, I could do without the red stripe though. It looks a lot like the APR carbon wheel...
  16. M

Added some Aliexpress lights at the grill
  17. M

Cracked Spark plug - booooo

When I worked for a Toyota dealership in the early 2000s I saw a lot of coil on plug misfires due to the insulators aging and cracking and then the plugs would carbon track. It looks very similar to you have there. And yes sometimes you could feel the track with your fingernail. As soon as you...
  18. M

Cracked Spark plug - booooo

That looks like it could be carbon tracking not the porcelain cracking. I would look very closely at the insulator on the coil. If it has done it several times I'm leaning towards to insulator boot is bad and the spark is tracking down the side of the plug.
  19. M

Programed my Helix. Sounds much better now.
  20. M

Yes you do have to remove the boot and trim but it was really easy. I followed Humble Mechanics video and it took me about 10 minutes. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media...