GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. stevelatt

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Just a quick review of Jake Baun's Stealth TBE. I went with the 3" V2 downpipe that now has a EPA certified GESI cat and the Stealth Catback option. My number one goal was to get a quiet setup as I daily drive the car and the drone on my old setup after going to is38 had pushed me to my limits...
  2. stevelatt

Today's Best Mounts

What is the consensus for the new streetsport/tracksport 034 mounts? I know the density line ones are basically just OEM with lipstick but the others seem like an actual improvement. Any one actually run them? I know they're more money than the BFI ones so from a pure value perspective it...
  3. stevelatt

What's the final word on the Dogbone mount

It seems like the main issue with the 034 ones bending was as a result of only having the lower insert. Having the upper seems to have, at the very least, greatly reduced the likelihood of that happening. I should be good to go long term with this set up by the looks of it. Even if it ends up...
  4. stevelatt

What's the final word on the Dogbone mount

Just put the 034 Pendulum Arm w/ upper & lower inserts on my car yesterday and I will now be recommending this to everyone I know. I used to have a BFI stage 1 insert in the car. Initial NVH was super noticeable but went down to just a little extra vibration, not too bad at all, after a few...
  5. stevelatt

Eurobuilt Spring Show & Shine

Anyone from in here going to Eurobuilt at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Greenfield, MA this Sunday? If so, where you heading in from?
  6. stevelatt

ST X coilovers MK7.5 GTI (reviews please)

Got two winters on mine and no issues. Shockbody doesn't look shiny and new anymore but it's not rusty or heavily corroded or anything either. I just make sure I wash everything thoroughly when the weather warms up. So far so good.
  7. stevelatt

Advice for new Alloys

If you want to eliminate wheel gap then lowering the car is the only way to really do it right. When you go with an 17/18/19" wheel vs a 16" wheel you would get a tire with a proportionally shallower sidewall so you keep the same overall diameter of the wheel/tire together. It's important to do...
  8. stevelatt

Advice for new Alloys

Personally I'd never go over 18" on these cars if it's a daily driver. Don't get me wrong, 19s look great, but you sacrifice too much in ride quality and run a much greater risk of damaging them on a pothole or something. Just not worth it for me personally. I think 18s offer the best balance of...
  9. stevelatt

DM'd you a video. Thanks for the reminder!
  10. stevelatt

I need to get a video of it once the weather around here warms up a little. Haven't had a chance yet.
  11. stevelatt

Boomy exhaust causing everything to vibrate

Yea, I love the way my Aerofabb one looks but there is basically no clearance for 4in tips like I have. I put a few washers in space it out a little and that still didn't help so I moved on to using something to cushion it against the vibrations. We will see how well the rubber holds up in the...
  12. stevelatt

For anyone finding this in the future. I ended up tracing it back to my tips touching/rattling off my Aerofabb rear diffuser and the heat shield under the trunk being loose. Removed the heat shield and put a little bit of high temp adhesive back rubber on the part of the spat that the tips...
  13. stevelatt

I run a full ultimate racing turbo back. 200 cell metal catted and resonated downpipe and then for the catback section I did the resonator with the mufflers as well. Very very deep tone, not tractor-y at all even in the slightest. I did have some issue with boomy resonance but I ended up tracing...
  14. stevelatt

I was thinking that might end up needing to be the move. It's fine when cruising, only a little louder than it was before the downpipe, it's just super bad when accelerating around 3k RPMs. Would you recommend swapping the one further down the exhaust just before the bend or the one where the...
  15. stevelatt

So this is a problem I have been having for quite some time but just got my downpipe installed yesterday and it's worse again. To give a basic chain of events I bought the car new, stock exhaust in quiet > Installed ECS muffler delete and was super boomy/vibrating the car when accelerating...
  16. stevelatt

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires

As a street tire, if you can get them for a good price, they're absolutely worth it. I spent about $400 for a set which compared to $800+ for a set of michelins or continentals it's hard to justify spending more than twice as much for maybe 10% more grip at the limit. A limit which I am not...
  17. stevelatt

Ultimate Racing Catted and Resonated MK7.5 Downpipe

God dammit I wish you posted this a week ago! I just ordered one brand new from them, same spec. How did you like it with the resonator? Did you run it with the OEM exhaust or something else?
  18. stevelatt

WTB: Group 3 JB1 for 1.8T Golf Sportwagen

Just a heads up for you, if you aren't aware, the group 1 and 2 units both work for your car as well. BMS just lists them as separate "groups" when new so that they can track which models they're being used in most. They're 100% identical.
  19. stevelatt

The right exhaust

I went with Ultimate Racing for mine. I did their single resonator w/ mufflers configuration paired up with the stock downpipe and I'm very happy with the sound. Absolutely no drone when cruising but still gets loud when you get on it. Very nice deep tone since the piping is 3" all the way back...
  20. stevelatt

2019 GTI Oil Change

I'm stage 1 with EQT and I run 5w-40 per Ed's recommendation. I ran nothing but 0w-20 before I tuned the car but pushing more power, especially with doing things like autocross/track, I don't feel comfortable running 0w-20 anymore. The 0w-20 would hit 230f-240f when doing runs and for an oil...