GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

A Tale of Three Rabbits

Congrats! Ok, new car goal: buy and hold. Maybe because you have arguably one of the best all-around cars on the planet.
  2. L

VW Golf Slammed So Low It Can’t Refuel Without Taking a Wheel Off

Yeah, looks like a giant put too much weight on a roller-skate.
  3. L

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Agreed. Sad to hear about his passing. He seemed like he would be good company at a pub. Jim usually took the high road during tense online exchanges. RIP buddy.
  4. L

I need new tires but the choices are overwhelming. Suggestions?

SteveRedGTI, if low noise is your primary concern, then performance oriented offerings may not scratch where you are itching. Maybe a good touring tire? As I am sure you know, tire selection is a balancing act based on one's own personal preferences and vehicle usage. Low noise tires may...
  5. L

I need new tires but the choices are overwhelming. Suggestions?

Michelin Pilot 4S. Why? Because they win most comparison tests and excel at all the things the OP is "most concerned about". Only downside is they are pricey. Yeah, no one in San Diego needs all season tires - unless one plans to drive to snow country.
  6. L

Brake bleed question. Newb here.

Thanks for the bleeder procedure and proper order. Curious, anyone know the technical reason to bleed starting from the calipers closest to the master cylinder for the MQB platform? I'm used to the reverse order, coming from the Mazda and Honda world.
  7. L

New Member with Some Basic ?s

Welcome to the forum! Well, that was quite the shotgun post. Good questions. Just my perspective, but here's one way to simplify you quest: Find out what the OEM spec is for filters and fluids for your 1.8 TSI, and stick as close to OEM as you can. And good for you going after your own...
  8. L

Canyons and gt cars

Great photo! Hmm, might also be the driver if you are walking those beasts. Personally, I'm just happy to not get dusted by minivans anymore. My old ride was an early gen Mazda 3 hatch.
  9. L

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Sorry brother, you get the credit for this public service reference. It clearly went into the subconscious while I was skimming through the thread trying to get caught up.
  10. L

Wow, reading the last few pages of posts by Voodoo, T-Rex or whatever alter ego - was like the verbal equivalent to the classic public service announcement that started with, "This is your brain. This is your brain on drug. Any questions?" Sorry, dating myself quite a bit with the egg in a...
  11. L

Agreed +100. It is doubtful that a novel "tax on unrealized capital gains" for the ultra rich would ever function as intended. The middle class would somehow get caught in the cross-hairs in short order. I believe the world of macroeconomics calls it the Law of Unintended Consequences. The...
  12. L

Indy 500 vs P Zero... Sport summer tire help

If you want arguably the best 300 TW class tire, I recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. They win most Max Performance Tire comparisons and dominate most every category (wet, dry, comfort, tread life). But get ready to break out the piggy bank. The PS4S is more expensive than the...
  13. L

Well, it seems that politically talk will be allowed to continue in the "Off Topic / Misc" areas of an obscure car forum. I have a few personal take aways from this interesting roller coaster: 1. Political talk should remain relegated to the off topic areas. 2. Higher doses of common...
  14. L

My AutoX journey

OP, I enjoyed your write-up. Glad you had fun at the event. As you already figured out, 200 TW tires are mandatory if you want to be remotely competitive in most autocross clubs. I'd rather autocross a Toyota Yaris with sticky tires than a 300+ horsepower monster with all seasons. Did you...
  15. L

First Track Day of The Year

Correct, heat soak not overheating. BBK helps the brakes from going "soft". IC helps a turbo/supercharged engine from going "soft".
  16. L

First Track Day of The Year

Yeah, an upgraded intercooler would be my vote. I thing of an IC upgrade like a brake upgrade. A BBK may not drastically better your stopping distance, but it should help keep your brakes from going soft during prolonged abuse.
  17. L

The American public is quite vulnerable to false narratives from those who control the flow of information. That said, I am genuinely interested in hearing what you have to say about the "readiness" of the US Army. If we forgot to remind you, feel free to volunteer your perspective. Consider...
  18. L

OK, sorry, this response is going to be a bit long-winded. I find the subject of economics quite fascinating. I used to think Congress should aggressively strive to balance the budget. But they don't really have to, at least not in the typical up or down vote manner. We all know that it is...