GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

To Borla or Not to Borla

For the longest time I've been back and forth about whether I want to get a catback or not for my MK7 Golf R (currently Stage 2 w/ IE Downpipe). My primary concern is that it would either be too loud or that it won't be much of a difference from the OEM catback. At the moment I'm considering...
  2. R

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Do you know how much hp and torque you're getting with your Stage 2 93 octane?
  3. R

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Yes they offer dyno numbers for everything but Stage 2 93 octane. I could be mistaken and they might not even offer it, but that's the flash I was looking for.
  4. R

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

That's good to know, thank you. Do you offer a stage 2 map for 93 oct? If so do you have dyno results/numbers I may look at?
  5. R

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Sachs Performance Clutch rated for 550+nm
  6. R

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I did check it out thank you. The torque is a little too high for my clutch which is why I wanted to ask. I really want to hit that 400ft lb mark without risking the clutch.
  7. R

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Good Morning Ed, I currently have a manual MK7 R with the Unitronic Stage 2 flash and at the moment, the only thing limiting me from going further is my Sachs Performance Clutch, which is rated for 550+Nm. I would really like to get the torque up closer to the 550nm limit, without going over...
  8. R

Best tune for golf r

Went from Stage 1+ to Stage 2. Stage 1+ was great but it gave me clutch slip past 4k RPM. Stage 2 is just *chefs kiss
  9. R

Best tune for golf r

Stage 2 Unitronic (y)
  10. R

IS38 Hybrid Upgrade

Currently have a Stage 2 Unitronic Golf R and I'm considering upgrading the turbo to an IS38 Hybrid. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I have issues/errors or will it be a basic plug and play?
  11. R

DV+ and Turbo Inlet Pipes

Stock DV was trash and fell apart. Keeping the DV+. It's stage 2 flash so I'm upgrading everything.
  12. R

DV+ and Turbo Inlet Pipes

I recently upgraded to the GFB DV+ for my MK7 Golf R and found that it does not fit with the 034 Turbo Inlet Pipe I had previously installed and to reinstall the OEM turbo inlet pipe for everything to fit. I was wondering if anyone knew of any aftermarket Turbo Inlet Pipes that fit without...
  13. R

Audi Front End Swap?

Just had an interesting idea and wanted to see if anyone has tried it out... I was wondering if the Audi S3 front bumper, grill and hood would fit on a Golf R and fit to where it looks factory??? Crazy I know, but what if.
  14. R

Golf R Clutch Recommendations

Ordered one directly from Sachs. I will update after installation.
  15. R

It's a daily driver and I do mind chatter. I want an OEM feel but capable of withstanding the torque. I did find the Sachs clutch kit that works with the stock dual mass flywheel but it's back ordered with no ETA. I would like to find something similar if anyone has any recommendations.
  16. R

I need to upgrade my clutch for my Golf R and would like recommendations. The car has a Unitronic Stage 1+ flash and will eventually move up to Stage 2.
  17. R

Oil Catch Can in the Winter

Learning about oil catch cans and heard about issues with freezing during the winter. Does anyone have personal experience with this?
  18. R

Golf R Turbo Swap

Have you swapped turbos in your Golf R? Which Turbo? Thoughts? Pros and Cons?
  19. R

Car Meets?

Golf R from Doylestown looking for homies to cruise with and or car meets.
  20. R

Aftermarket Clutch Line or OEM?

That thread is perfect. Thank you