GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

I traded my '21 Mazda 3 Turbo for a '19 SE

Did your 1st and 3rd gen Mazda 3 have any rust? We were burned my early 2000s Mazda Protege having so much rust I swore off the brand. Pity what you said about the Gen4.. I know the Ford Fiesta STs are torsion bar and handle really well.
  2. R

JerseyDrew's 2016 GTI S build, a.k.a. Jersey Devil

Just wow...the coolant overflow tank and headlights are the only thing I recognize compared to my GTI.. The intake manifold looks twice as large as stock?
  3. R

Installing rear sway

Ramps are the way.
  4. R

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

I swear when I put in some Sunoco 94 I got much better gas mileage. But could have been my trips that week.
  5. R

Level 3 oil leak 5k miles after oil pan gasket replacement

Oh wow..1500..but it's like all the seals..seems not that bad of a price for a dealer. Hope it's completely sealed now.
  6. R

Conti DWS06 Extreme Contact alternatives

Didn't drive in anything but light snow and they were fine. Any extensive long distance driving in heavy snow I think dedicated snows are best.
  7. R

Conti DWS06 Extreme Contact alternatives

I have the A/S 4 Pilot Sports ..all season michelins. The stock hankooks I got the GTI with were dangerous at 17K. I gotta say after owning (on other cars) BFG, General, Hankook, ...Pirelli etc... Im finding the Pilots wear and handle great. I would gladly pay their usually...
  8. R

Level 3 oil leak 5k miles after oil pan gasket replacement

To me the PCV seem easy to replace. I had oil on the lower back of the engine but above the oil pan...turned out to be the cam cradle ...done under warranty... would have 1500 I think at the dealer if not covered :(. In this life I would like to own a car that doesnt leak oil. I surmise...
  9. R

Modified R needs NJ inspection

NJ official state run inspection stations for you..you can have bald tires, limited brakes, and headlights aim at the sky. But O2 sensor better say ready.
  10. R

Anyone else find Mk7 Seats uncomfortable?

I had to raise the back of the seat with the McMaster bolts and washers and now my back is much better. It makes the seat more flat.
  11. R

GTI PP 7.5 Fuel Consumption really bad

Sticking brake caliper? The Pipe Dynamics is an exhause mod? Does that indicate it is tuned?
  12. R

The New APR Intake System is Here!

My stock air intake has the cold weather block off plate on horizontal box above the grill so I'm not sure I have a ton of air getting in the bay?
  13. R

The New APR Intake System is Here!

Being open up top and front does it really keep engine bay heat out ?
  14. R

It’s time…2017 GTI pro detail

I had really bad luck with the turtle wax hybrid solution on 3 cars..a lot of water spot etching..beads on the paint and etch through. Hope you have e better luck.
  15. R

Modified R needs NJ inspection

No... im by jefferson.. Not too many GTIs in Sussex county..
  16. R

Brake Pads and SAE J866

Thanks... guess I should have got the TRWs?. I was not familiar with the brand and FCP Euro listed the Pagids as OEM while only one set of TRW for my non PP brake was. They were not the TRW numbers you listed for nonPP size. Think I will hope for the best with the friction rating ..do not...
  17. R

Brake Pads and SAE J866

Looking for stock I went with Pagids. Maybe TRW would have been better?
  18. R

Bulbs for Halogen headlights?

Been using the nightbreakers and they have been good.. Sure not LED bright or color but better than the OEM bulbs it came with.