GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

So, i have a spark plug question. Did the is20 upgrade and got the appropriate APR tune (stage 3) I got the RS7 plugs for this, but i also read about gapping to 0.024, but then saw that was for the OEM plugs. I gapped the RS7 pugs to 0.024 and then questioned whether that gapping only applies...
  2. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

the is20 turbo itself is hubcentric, not the tune. it uses a centering ring......
  3. C

yea, i was on the fence and went the slightly safer more generic route being APR. I didn't care about squeaking out an extra 3 hp or something with a custom tune Its a weird feeling with the two tunes, it smooths the power out really well. with the stock configuration, the boost came on...
  4. C

Just got myself an APR "stage 3" tune for the is20 and a DSG tune. was a fun ride home from the mechanic.
  5. C

APR or Boost Dynamics Tune?

according to EQT, they don't support 1.8T's "Hi, cobb does not support the alltrack or any 1.8T sorry " This answer was based on the question below trying to understand their sales setup " I am looking into tunes for an alltrack that i'm putting an is20 turbo on. Trying to understand how...
  6. C

All New Pricing on all APR ECU/TCU Upgrades!

Bringing this back up to ask @Arin@APR if this tune is going to be discounted friday? Or will you guys offer any bundle discounts for a ecu and tcu tune for black friday?
  7. C

where are you seeing their tunes get reduced in price for black friday? i'm about 90% leaning towards APR at this point and if they go on sale then i'm 100% in
  8. C

unfortunately, price didn't go down for their stage 3
  9. C

Interesting. growing up i've always been into NA motors and "no replacement for displacement" so a lot of this turbo stuff is foreign to me.
  10. C

on their dyno sheet they're only claiming a gain of 10 HP if you upgrade the DP. And i'm thinking there's gotta be a gain on the regular is20 tune and then adding a DP at a later point. may not be the full 10hp, but it has to be something
  11. C

Yes, the DSG tune is getting done at the same time. from what everyone says, its absolutely a good tune to do, so why not. did you notice any reduced turbo lag from stand still with the two tunes? the lag is awful right now.
  12. C

Are you stock other than the tunes? those are good numbers considering our elevation. Are you happy with the tune overall?
  13. C

I agree about the numbers. I looked on their site and they're saying stage 1 is- no mods required. stage 2 is CAI and remove cat (i'm not removing the cat). I guess i pull the numbers from a GTI tune?
  14. C

Possibly getting a tune on friday for an IS20 upgraded Alltrack w/ DSG. I want a plug and play, I don't care about tweaking any settings or anything. this is my wife's DD and I don't need to get sketchy with any tunes that risk long term durability. APR- They seem to be a pretty safe bet...
  15. C

IS20 Instalation Guide (1.8t)

HELP! So, i'm in the middle of this swap. Everything is going great and i'm up to the point where i've removed the top oil line. I did skip one part though. I am stuck with the support bracket for the turbo. I cannot, for the life of me, get that 6mm to loosen up. is there some trick for...
  16. C

oil change sign and weird noise from engine after turn off

I'd assume that's a fuel pump getting ready. many cars now a days have the fuel pump prime itself when the door opens
  17. C

APR Probem

looks like he was taking care of the customer. 👶🍼
  18. C

APR Probem

it is an interlocking hubcentric design
  19. C

APR Probem

no, because the wheel also centers around the hub. If the ring is hubcentric and the wheel and ring fit tightly together, then it makes the wheel hubcentric too. the wheel is centered around the hub, is it not? Or is the wheel off center of the hub?