GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

Does 5G6853860B9B9 come with the plastic trim as well

I need the plastic trim on the side skirt like shopadp is showing here. So the part number is 5G6853860B9B9 but on OEM VW site, 5G6853860B9B9 refers to the bracket. I wonder if they are actually the same thing. You get the bracket and the plastic piece together. Thanks!
  2. F

Coolant leak, must be thermostat housing?

Hi folks, my car is at close to 60K and the coolant is leaking bad. Is it 100% a thermostat housing issue? How can I identify it? I had a replacement like 20K miles before for free at the dealership when they were working on something else. Thanks!
  3. F

Side skirt for sale?

Checking but all are closed as of now. Yeah, I think this should be an easy find as long as there is a GTI...
  4. F

Side skirt for sale?

Hi folks, I lost my passenger side (right side) side skirt. Who has some OEM side skirt to sell? SF Bay Area. Thanks!
  5. F

"Official" Lap Times Thread

awesome! I will be at Sonoma on the 8th as well. Will hit you up when it comes!
  6. F

As for T2, I think you could brake a little later. With my stock GTI, I max out at 107 and brake between 2-3. Also you could use the space on the right to have a wider entry. Here my for ref. This should shave off another 0.2-0.4sec I guess.
  7. F

Nice, I was there last Sunday as well but in OP1 with my M3. Great laptime btw. Would love to meet you in person next time!
  8. F

Stock GTI 1'51" at Laguna, what's next?

My OEM front pads (were out around 40K mi) were replaced with these $60 pads (Posi quiet ceramic pads) from tirerack mostly for reduced brake dust. They are more progressive than the stock pads hence not much initial bite. I normally do 2-3 hot laps before 1 cool down lap, braking was...
  9. F

Thanks a lot dude! Regarding ESC, yes I put it in sports mode (hold down 3sec) but it just doesn't give me power at exit. My first goal would be to get some negative camber (to save tires) and get the rear sway bar for more mid-corner rotation. Also, good lap times you got there. It's...
  10. F

Track name: Laguna Seca Track location: Salinas, CA Lap time: 1'51"941 Year/model: 2016 GTI PP Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 3400lb Estimated wheel horsepower: 220hp (stock) Fuel: mix of 87/91 (I am cheap I know, I daily with 87 and put in 91 for track...) Tire size and model...
  11. F

While my M3 was in the shop, I took my bone stock DD 16 GTI PP to laguna for two consecutive weekends. It was surprisingly fun and I was able to get the my laptime to 1'51". This really surprised me since I was only able to get 1'44" with my F80 even with camber plates, track pads and 220 TW...
  12. F

Turbo replacement under powertrain warranty? at 45,000 mi.

Yes, I have been driving this car regularly even with Shelter in Place in NorCal. However, I suspect it has something to do with the heat for the last two days in the Bay Area. What's strange is that even in heat, when I push the car with Canyon Driving and autox it's fine, it's only showing...
  13. F

Thanks! I think my error code shows the wastegate problem people have been talking about: technically it's 15202 - Actuator Module for Turbocharger 1 P00AF 00 [109] - Stuck
  14. F

UPDATED: dealer confirmed issue and the entire turbo assembly to be replaced under powertrain warranty. Parts not available in the US, lead time 4-6 weeks. No free loaner. Hi folks, I have a 2016 VW GTI that has an EPC light on with DTC 15202. From the forums, It seems it needs a turbo...