GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Genebaby

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Not today but a few weeks ago, fitted a new steering wheel.
  2. Genebaby

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I did this today too, after an OBD11 scan of the car in preparation for my ambient lighting upgrade (to set the colours to 30 as requested). One of the fautls detected was low battery on key #2, which I'm sure is my little used spare. It's been a bit over 2 years and I've replaced the one in...
  3. Genebaby

OEM Wireless charger

I've been on the lookout for this for two years for a RHD car as well, all the cubby and cubby insert options are for LHD cars for some reason. My cubby is already only USB, AUX is long gone. I currently have the Inbay system and it would be better with an update for larger phones. It didn't...
  4. Genebaby

Underseat Drawer - removal and fitting DIY

Welcome to the club. I remember it being quite a hassle, but I couldn't recall how to help with the issue you were having. I've only got it on the passenger side and I don't think it's ever been used but I'm glad it's there. I think I usually forget about it actually, ha ha.
  5. Genebaby

RGB Ambient Lighting for Mk7 and Mk7.5

Ok, after sitting on my thumbs for so long I will be getting this installed and done by a shop in Sydney I found out about through someone posting their car. It's the full setup of ambient lights in the doors, handles, footwell lights etc, and I'll get them to install my door puddle lights at...
  6. Genebaby

Mishimoto's MK7 Intercooler and Piping R&D Thread

Thread mine! Hi, we had a sale in Australia and I purchased the Moshimoto IC, stealth pipe kit, and radiator. If I use the piping kit will there be issues with airboxes? Mine is stock at the moment and I don't know which way I'll be going exactly at this point, though I would like to know if...
  7. Genebaby

Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

Just sent you a bigger response via PM, but yes, it's the Eibach Pro Kit, linear springs.
  8. Genebaby

Official Tornado Red GTI / Golf Thread

I decided finally that the GTI could use a better stance so I had Eibach springs and 15/20mm spacers put on, and now I think it's just right.
  9. Genebaby

honestly the video is not that helpful, as for a long time nothing happens, then the lights are on, then they are off. I didn't see them flash. Something is wrong somewhere as you're a not behaving correctly but it could be anything and I'm too chicken to try this atm.
  10. Genebaby

I opened it, it wasn't very good, it shows the door trims, the lights go on, they turn off and it stops right away.
  11. Genebaby

So the ambient lighting is not there with the car off, but waiting for you to get out or in? Do the lights in the front door sills still light up, they should be independant? I would really like this kind of mod to mimic the original way of working. Do you know what limits that functionality...
  12. Genebaby

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

I went with OEM dynamic lights that need extra work and coding. I am not sure about any replica lights quality but they are usuall plug and play, so much easier to install.
  13. Genebaby

Anyone added the rear seat USB charger ports from China?

I haven't tried converting to USB-C. It might me a thing more down the track, but at the moment it's quite handy just having the regular ports, though the power is not that high via the 12v socket, so I don't think it would be an issue on the USB-C version. As long as the power plug for the...
  14. Genebaby

Spacers

The size increase in your wheel depends on the largest factory size for your body shape, so you can easily put 18" or 19" wheels on any Mk7 Golf in Australia as that was available from factory. Width is one inch larger than what was the widest from factory. I did something I never thought I'd...
  15. Genebaby

MIB3 Discover Pro retrofit

I'm not sure myself, I'm new to the world of VW, this time last year I had none, and now I have two. One has the 9.2 screen and the other has the 8. Is the 8" screen a MIB2?
  16. Genebaby

It gives you a good indication of how well it's connected. I think I was looking at this channel when I put my rear USB's in and didn't look at anything else.
  17. Genebaby

This guy is having some adventures. Was the glove box trim this difficult for you? I believe there may be more video as the last was just released yesterday and he hasn't shown everything yet.
  18. Genebaby

I'm not too fussed on USB-C ports, as long as I have something, and from looking into MIB3 units they seem like a pain in other areas. I guess I would have thought they'd have all these abundant slots and instead they have nothing and apparently it's a real pain to get map updates and station...
  19. Genebaby

I just found this thread as I recently did get my Android Auto Wireless dongle and made a guess that my Discover Pro is a MIB 2.5 unit, and it seems to be working well. I then did a search for MIB 3 and found it is the same essentially from a user view, but has the Wireless App Connect. I was...
  20. Genebaby

Anyone added the rear seat USB charger ports from China?

No, that's free. You don't need credits to do much but it can be easy to do so, though it may not always work. Everything you can do in the one click apps can be done for free with instructions. You usually get 100 credits with the Pro licence and you can get some free credits daily as well.