GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 Tires

I just put on 235/35/19 Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02 tires today. I only have about five miles on them so far, and that was driving slow with a set of wheels and tires in the trunk. So far, they seem softer riding, like the reviews say. I won't really know how they feel for about...
  2. M

E-ZPass/I-PASS Sticker Tag

I was referring the new stickers. Which are literally just a sticker. You have a transponder. Here is what I am referring to: Also, I had my prior transponder, and now this sticker attached to the backside of my rear view mirror. It is physically attached to the mirror, not the windshield...
  3. M

E-ZPass/I-PASS Sticker Tag

In case this helps anyone out... I applied the E-ZPass sticker to the backside of my rear view mirror, and it works just fine. I took a large black Sharpie marker and blacked out the sticker while it was still on the card it arrived on (*Make sure you write down the serial number and register...
  4. M

Any update on how the tires are performing?
  5. M

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

I found my battery tester after I swapped my battery. I just have the most basic of car battery testers, where you just enter the Cold Cranking Amps (CCA). I had to guess that it was 360 CCA, since my stickers fell off the battery several years ago, and the only pictures I could find showing...
  6. M

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever had a set of summer performance tires on any of my cars last past 24,000 miles. Good to know there is so much positive feedback on the original ExtremeContact Sport. It makes the 02 version sound even more interesting. I'm still surprised though...
  7. M

Thank you for the response. I must have completely missed in my reading of this thread the part about just writing out the battery manufacturer name. I went back this morning and typed in INTERSTATE, and the system abbreviated it to INT. I also went back and changed the serial number again...
  8. M

My VW dealership said my original OEM battery that came with my 2018 Golf R failed inspection about six weeks ago when I had my oil changed. I decided to replace it now that winter is here, and this week with the cold weather my car was taking noticeably longer to start. I replaced it today...
  9. M

I rotate my tires every time I switch for the season, or seasons, since sometimes I bounce between summer, all-season, and winter tires. The summers are probably on 6-7 months, the all-seasons 1-2 months, the winters 4-5 months. I test the tread depth on the set before I put them on, and I put...
  10. M

That's all good information. It's interesting that the Michelin has slightly higher performance in the wet. I'm trying to remember why I went with the Michelins over the Continentals at the time. I know I was between the two. I have a feeling come this spring I will be going with the new...
  11. M

This is definitely impressive that the Continental ExtremeContact Sport Gen 1 lasted you 37,000 miles. I never would have guessed that tire would have lasted so long. I was debating between that tire and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S back when I ordered my tires a few years ago. If memory serves...
  12. M

235/35/19 is the size of all my sets of tires.... summers, all seasons, and winters. I definitely understand wanting to get good mileage, but you may want to make sure you consider the comfort and fun factor too. You spent good money on a good car. It's worth spending a little extra to get...
  13. M

I saw tons of reports of the OEM Continental ContiSportConticact 5P only getting 10,000 miles out of them. The 240 treadwear rating on them is even lower than their own higher performing summer tires. Don't forget treadwear ratings are manufacturer specific. A 240 treadwear is not a universal...
  14. M

To be fair, I do drive fast and corner hard. In a decent downpour when the tires were new I was comfortable at 85mph, and I think the most I got to was about 100mph. Any standing water though, not even talking about deep standing water, even at 45mph it would jerk the car pretty good. After...
  15. M

I got a chance to see the Michelin vs Continental video. I've seen that guy before on a few videos. I really like how he collects and puts the information together. I also saw him do a fascinating video of Pilot Sport 4S general market tire vs the BMW M3 specific. I was aware of minor...
  16. M

I too am interested to see any feedback on the Continental Extremecontact Sport 02 tires. I have the OEM 19" wheels, so the 235/35/19 tire size. I just completed my third summer of using the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, and they are about half a millimeter away from hitting the treadwear...
  17. M

WTB OE Golf R Cadiz 19" Wheels

Wow! That is quite the dramatic blow out. How did that happen?
  18. M

Delete

Bump
  19. M

Delete

Bump
  20. M

Delete

Bump