GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Alarm Triggering Mk 7.5

Ah amazing, thank you! At least I can shut it up so I can sleep. Im highly suspicious now I know the siren unit is under the windscreen… wonder if autoglass cocked something up when they were doing the swap. Tried pulling engine fuse 20 but alarm still going strong. All I can think of is that...
  2. S

Alarm Triggering Mk 7.5

And it’s back. 5 blissful days with no alarm then it’s going off with a vengeance again just in time for the weekend. This time I found the fault code indicating siren voltage low. Brilliant. Does anyone know if there’s a fuse I can pull to stop it going off? The unit itself looks unpluggable...
  3. S

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

All sorted, just in case it helps anyone: After Halfords replaced my 027 EFB with 027 AGM, I had a persistent check engine light. After clearing, it would reappear when the engine was turned off and on again. Everything was working as normal, including start/stop, and my consumption was ~5%...
  4. S

Yes, I had Wet, EFB, AGM, Binary AGM. It’s set to AGM. update: still on, if I clear it with engine on then it will stay off until a restart. Also if I clear the low voltage code before polling the engine ECU it shows no fault. Taking it into Halfords auto centre, they want £50 for a...
  5. S

I had two options under battery for AGM or Binary AGM. On some other forums it mentions Fleece being equivalent to AGM for ECU purposes and Binary as a separate type. One post from the rosstech forum says the same VAG code cleared after some time, so hoping it will resolve over a 2.5 hr drive...
  6. S

Yes, sorry I should have expanded. Halfords did plug into the OBD, but when I checked after I got in to clear the CEL, it was still showing EFB. I then registered it as the correct type (AFB), amp hours, and entered new MF/Serial. I just have a Carista OBD interface, but it writes the four...
  7. S

Just had Halfords in the UK replace my old 027 EFB with an 027 AGM. Ive now got an engine light on, they said it should go off after a short drive but it hasn’t, and after clearing on OBD it comes back. Pulling two codes, one under basic OBD: P0562 relating to low voltage (under 10v) and one...
  8. S

Alarm Triggering Mk 7.5

Picked up an obd scanner and it was reading 12 flat off and 14.9 on. Visual indicator on the battery is also yellow. After you mentioned it, I do remember the infotainment system being unusually off the other day, so it definitely lost power. Bit stumped why a garage okayed it when I...
  9. S

Alarm Triggering Mk 7.5

The car battery? That was my first thought as well, the garage I initially went to said it was 68% and fine on voltage. The day it was the worst the car hadn’t been driven in 48 hours. But the following evening I did my usual commute 35 miles each way.
  10. S

Alarm Triggering Mk 7.5

My alarm is randomly going off. Started one day, kept happening over the course of a few hours, then stopped after a quick drive to check my battery at a local garage. Chalked it up to a one off, but then it happened again the following night multiple times. Read a lot about door and hatch...
  11. S

Glasses storage compartment not soft closing

No dice, quoted £115 for a new unit. Will have a mess around at the weekend and see if I can figure it out!
  12. S

6’ 2”, managed to find the weird spring on a clean today but not the foggiest on how to fit it. Worried I’ll snap the lugs as well if I mess around too much. It’s in for a service tomorrow so I’ll see if they can do anything. If not I guess I’ll leave it, not sure it’s £60 of annoyance to me...
  13. S

Left the storage compartment in the roof open, and when getting into my car at night I managed to smash my temple against it and knock it out (but luckily not myself). I’ve managed to clip it back in, but now it’s not soft opening. It’s quite dangerous if you don’t quite close it properly when...
  14. S

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Can anyone take a video of their rear jet washer in action? Can’t get a definitive answer from a dealer, mine sprays a lot of fluid which runs everywhere. Have to wipe down the oryx paint every time I use it 😡 new to VW so not sure if it’s just what their rear jets are designed to do.
  15. S

Approved Used 7.5 - Warranty Coverage

I figured I’d have to go in for the rear jet, just wasn’t sure how stingy they’d be on the blade front - not had a VW before. Cheers
  16. S

Approved Used 7.5 - Warranty Coverage

Hi All, I just bought a face lifted Golf GT, having just had the first rains I noticed the wiper blades are super streaky, to the point where it's worse than leaving the rain beaded. The rear wiper washer also lets out an ungodly amount of fluid, even from a short blast, which runs down the...