GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. elliotw

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Ya hopefully they do then I may make the trip up and give it a try. Went out and did another two days at Area27 last weekend with Velocity motorsports. Really love that track. That caps me off for 3 days in 2022 as a non member.
  2. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

I started with Proformance HDPE day. Which is a coached full day. I did that and then they signed me off for solo lapping. You could then solo lapping with proformance at Pacific raceways until you have a few solo track days under your belt. At that point you'd be ready to branch out and try...
  3. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

Hello Seattleite! I believe you're refering to TNiA is Track Night in America. I've run those events in the past. I consider them great beginner events to dip your toe into track days. In our region I run with Turn2, Porsche Club, Skip day track days, speed syndicate, and proformance. These...
  4. elliotw

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Small world. Happy to hear you didnt have any serious accidents that day. I was driving the White/Blue Porsche. I've never done mission. Since Im from Seattle, WA I normally do; The Ridge, Oregon raceway park, and Area27. Sometime I'll have to give mission a go.
  5. elliotw

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

I think I was at this track day with you. No idea the sick build on this R. Love the mods and all the usage you get of this R. Maybe I'll see you again at Area27. I'm going back end of August with velocity motorsports.
  6. elliotw

The ''R'' Files

looks great. Ride hide and wheels really change the game. That blue is such a great color. Enjoy.
  7. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

Been awhile since I've updated stuff here. GTI been a lovely car. No complaint and now at 26.5k Miles. I go back and forth on color changing the rims to bronze. Now that the mk8 is out very happy to have the mk7.5 with the physical controls. I hate these haptic/software buttons. Ended up selling...
  8. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

The Bear is our co-pilot. He's from the Seattle Museum of Flight and is named after my favorite airplane the SR-71 blackbird. We call him blackbird.
  9. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

Took the Golf on our first road trip this last week. Over 800 miles between Coo's Bay, OR and Seattle, WA. Car handled awesomely and I got to do a lot of driving on some fun curvy roads on the Oregon coast. Stop for lunch in Bandon Dunes Oregon for some crab legs. Pacific Coast: Some...
  10. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

Got the BRZ back today. Updated tune for the supercharger. Loving this Garage shot.
  11. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

DSG. Wife doesn't drive manual and this is our shared car. I have to say the DSG is pretty fun.
  12. elliotw

8055WAGEN'S 2017 GSW DSG 4MOTION IS38

Seeing all these wagons builds. Feel like I made a mistake they look so fun. :LOL:
  13. elliotw

8055WAGEN'S 2017 GSW DSG 4MOTION IS38

Those headlights really make the front end. I am wondering if you know is the GTI rear bumper bolt right on to the wagon or is the wagon a special rear bumper from the standard golf body?
  14. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

Haha someone on the subi forum made a similar suggestion. Thanks for the Welcome. I saw your fast ass wagon. had I wanted a more project taking a golf sportwagen and making into a GTI and/or R version seems like a ton of fun. Once I saw your's and Dadwagon build I looked at prices on cargurus...
  15. elliotw

TheDadWagon - Building a Cross-Country Capable Sportwagen

This build is going to be sweet. I hate those halogen headlights though.
  16. elliotw

Elliot's MK7.5 GTI

Hello, My name is Elliot and I live in Seattle Washington. Recently sold my daily driver which was a 2006 Scion xA and picked up a lightly used 2018 GTI SE with 13k miles for 24.5k. Been a long time auto enthusiast and really excited to share my ownership experience. My other fun car is a 2018...