GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Windshield on '21 GTI is flawed...

I believe they're different, especially if there's a camera. I'm not 100% sure though, it's probably worth researching more
  2. T

Windshield on '21 GTI is flawed...

If your car has the lane assist/front assist camera just be sure to do the replacement at an actual dealership. I brought my GTI to safelite and they assured me that they could recalibrate the system. When I tried to drive it, it tried to drag the car off the road. I got a refund and went to a...
  3. T

Problem Caused by the Dealership

Haha I'll be giving him a call first thing in the morning. Should have been an easy 3 minute fix! And yeah it's hard to believe that such a tiny leaf was causing the issue. Thanks again everyone!
  4. T

Thank you for the suggestions to pull the blower motor!! I took it apart (took literally less than 3 minutes after watching a YouTube video). Turns out there was a tiny leaf that had gotten into the fan, probably when they replaced the filter. I put it back together and there was no more noise...
  5. T

Thanks guys! I checked the airflow direction of the filter and it looks like it's seated correctly. I don't think it was sabotage, I've been to this dealer a couple of times and they've been alright so far. As far as debris is concerned, I'll take it apart as soon as I can, and see if there's...
  6. T

Hi everyone! I brought my 2016 GTI to the dealership today for an oil change (surprisingly, the cheapest oil change in my area). I had them swap out the pollen filter too, and when I picked up the car and turned on the A/C, I noticed that the fan was making a humming noise. It gets worse at...
  7. T

Converting a GTI For German Inspections

Thanks for all of your replies! It looks like the modifications will have to be fairly extensive (I'm not military). The best bet might be to bring it to TÜV (regulatory agency) and have them explain what needs to be done to bring the car into compliance and/or bring it to a professional...
  8. T

Converting a GTI For German Inspections

Hi Everyone! Do any of you have experience with converting a US-Spec MK7 GTI (2016) to meet German regulations? I know there are some modifications that need to be done to the headlights and brake lights but was also wondering if anything needs to be done to modify the engine (or other...
  9. T

Disable Stock MK7 GTI Speed Limiter

Interesting, thanks for the advice!
  10. T

Hi, Thanks for both of your responses! I'll look into the Cobb tune you mentioned. Jimlloyd40, thanks for the info about the MPG, I hadn't realized that it doesn't impact efficiency if it's driven the same way. That's really good to know. The primary reason for my original question is that...
  11. T

Hi Everyone! Sorry if this has been asked before, I did some research and couldn't find anything similar. I know that an ECU tune is required to remove the speed limiter on MK7 GTIs (2016 Manual). However, I don't want to deal with potential additional clutch wear or worse gas mileage from a...