GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Forcing readiness with OBD11?

Yes. I've no idea because it looks the same.
  2. S

Unitronic Stage 1+ and PA emissions

I had this issue with Maryland inspection twice now with a Unitronic 1+ tune. No CELs or recent code resets, I take it in and its "Not Ready ," and they tell me to drive it a bit more. Call the Unitronic dealer and they say the same thing, it should pass fine. I check Readiness on OBDEleven and...
  3. S

Ok today mine just passed Maryland vehicle emissions inspection with Unitronic Stage 1+ again. After failing as "not ready," a month ago. I just drove it more because I hadn't been driving it much a month ago. That was the inspector's advice and Unitronic dealers advice. Here is what OBDEleven...
  4. S

Two kids! Double strollers

Also we now have two GB Pockit strollers, one permanently in each of our cars for our older kid. It folds up into a small backpack size (I actually have it in a backpack) that fits neatly in the unused space on the floor in front of the car seat. The car seat caddy for the baby folds pretty...
  5. S

Minor update: the Mockingbird double stroller fits with one seat installed but it takes up the entire trunk. (either seat is easy and fast to remove/install). Still looking to replace the Mazda but mark-ups are nuts right now. The ID.4 is fancy but the RAV4 Prime makes a good case for an...
  6. S

Just passed Maryland emissions with Unitronic 1+ no mods a couple of weeks after failing it as "not ready." I did nothing but reset codes and drive the car two weeks. This was a Unitronic vendor's advice. Also OBDEleven still shows "not completed," for O2 sensor, catalytic converter and fuel...
  7. S

Curious

Unitronic 1+ with no engine mods passed Maryland emissions two years ago, then failed as "not ready," this year. I hadn't cleared codes or anything. Unitronic vendor said it should pass but the issue is not unheard of and to just wait and try again. I did and today it passed. Who knows.
  8. S

Also have a roof box for road trips, comes in handy for bulky items like baby gates/corrals, pack-n-play and mattress, etc. The Diono Radian seat I've heard mentioned more than once. The cheaper Graco suited fine for one kid but... may've been poor planning. Expensive car seats and strollers...
  9. S

As of two weeks ago we now have two small kids (20 mo, 2 weeks) to lug around in either my Mk7 GTI or my wife's '18 Mazda3. For anyone wondering, it is possible to do that, it just doesn't leave much room for anything else. We've tried combinations of two strollers and now a double stroller. We...
  10. S

Bluetooth Next/Prev control greyed out

The Android bluetooth AVRCP profile v1.5 (released December 2020) doesn't seem to work with the OEM MIB (1?) of the 2015 GTI. The Next/Prev track controls stop working and appear greyed out (but Play/Pause was OK). Solution for me was to downgrade my phone BT to AVRCP version to 1.4. On my...
  11. S

Anyone sleep in their Golf?

Car Hammock. It hangs inside the car from thick nylon straps across the roof, windshield and hatch door. The hatch part is tricky. I was careful to thread over the struts so the taught straps don't push on the struts. Also the hatch is narrow to even fully adjusted that end of the hammock is...
  12. S

rear facing car seat/infant seat

We've had a MK7 5-door GTI since our son was born and now he's 14mo. I'm 5'10 and my wife about 5'6. We used a Chicco KeyFit 30 system first and now Graco SlimFit convertible seat. Rear-facing (<1yr) sucks and the basic solution is to put it in the middle and lift the carseat a little...
  13. S

Start Button Removal

My push-start button is acting up and I bought a replacement and pulled out the shifter frame (manual). I found what I think are VW instructions and it just says to push the button out from underneath, then disconnect the connector. But mine doesn't come out. I also found a DIY on YouTube but it...