GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

Goodyear Exhilarates. Yay or Nay?

I'm impressed by my Exhilarates to date. The 245 35r 18 size on 18 x 8 45 offset is working perfectly on the GTI. The combination of size and tire choice has added traction, decreased undesirable noise/harshness issues while also improving steering feel. As others have said I also have issues...
  2. L

I am sure you're looking forward to finally installing them. I am interested in hearing how you feel they compare to the stock P7's. I took those off my car right after I bought the car. I recall them being quite nice rolling tires but lacking grip and steering feel.
  3. L

350 miles on the new Goodyears. So far I am impressed. Overall performance feels on par with the previous Michelin PS AS/3+ but with a bit less noise and harshness. Exactly what I wanted from the new tires.
  4. L

Gyeon Prep, Q2 Mohs, Can Coat, and Cure. In that order. Installed the Wheels and tires today. They ride a bit smoother than the Michelins and are much quieter over sharp edge bumps. It is way too soon to pass judgment on the tires, I only had time for a short drive and the release agent is...
  5. L

New Wheels and tires showed up today. Spent the evening ceramic coating the wheels. I expect to install them tomorrow. If all goes well I should have first-hand experience with the Exhilarates within a day or so.
  6. L

This is why I mentioned the fact that on early MK7's at least the door card pressure recommendation did not include the optional summer tires. Usually, the door card pressure is a safe bet.
  7. L

That is interesting. I wonder what has specifically changed between the Mk7 and 7.5 that warrants the increase in suggested pressure. It makes sense that they put the recommended pressure for both the standard and optional tires on the door card. If I run 37 psi in my AS3+'s they're awful.
  8. L

I'm not saying you must run your tires at 34psi if you have 92Y's. Just giving everyone a heads up that the info in the manual differs from the door card's 37psi recommended pressure. Depending on the usage, load, temp, and other variables it isn't uncommon to change pressure from the...
  9. L

No. The AS3+ I have been running at that pressure are the stock size 225 40R 18, they have all worn evenly and been rotated per Michelin's requirement. The tire pressure is VW's suggested value for the optional 'summer tire' 92Y load rating tires per the manual.
  10. L

Will do. I have a set of wheels with Exhilarates in the garage right now waiting to be returned. Sadly the wheels were damaged. The replacements are due by 8/5. The tires look great mounted, very excited to try them out. I'm certain you'll enjoy yours more than the stock P7's, I pulled those...
  11. L

I just picked up a set of Exhilarates in a 245/35 18 on a set of BBS SR's 8" wide wheels. I have yet to install them. I have run three sets of the Michelin PS AS 3/3+'s. Great performing tire when new but after 20k plus the performance degraded and they became very noisy. The first two sets of...