GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

FS: Euro headlight switch. SoCal

You mentioned "for cars with no front fogs or auto lights." Do you know why it would be incompatible or if there is a different PN for cars that have front fogs? I have a '16 GTI w/ Lighting Package, so has the fogs. Thanks
  2. T

FS: Center Console Rear Vent Trim Piece

Used 2015-2019 VW Volkswagen GTI Golf Rear Center Console Vent Trim piece PN 5GM-864-298 A82V / 5GM864298A82V Genuine OEM VW Germany Works great - excellent condition, no broken tabs or vent louvers. No scratches or scuffs. Pulled from Non-smoking pet-free car. VW: $240 ShopDAP: $190...
  3. T

Anyone added the rear seat USB charger ports from China?

Update: I received both connectors from the dealer, however it looks like the male pins are different on the Aliexpress harness vs what the connector (1J0-972-762 ) needs. I might be able to "make them work" but I'm trying to track down the correct pin PN first. I think perhaps it is one of...
  4. T

Thanks for the PN's. I was able to find 1J0-972-762 + 1J0-972-752 from my local dealer for $6 ea. Photos of the install soon.
  5. T

SOLD: 6.5" MIB2 Screen w/ NAV + GTI Carbon Bezel w/ vents

@Cloud2k5 replied to DM. Still interested? Bump.
  6. T

I like this approach. I'd like to find the two connections but couldn't find them anywhere reasonably fast + cheap. 1J0972762 seems to be available, but 1J0972752 looks like it only comes as part of the blower harness. Do you have any other PN's or leads on these connectors?
  7. T

+1. The panel requires slight modification for manual e-brake versions, but easier to route power from the armrest 12V cig than the center console. I haven't found a seller for a drop-in panel 100% compatible with the manual brake version. I'll post up my procedure when I do the install soon.
  8. T

SOLD: 6.5" MIB2 Screen w/ NAV + GTI Carbon Bezel w/ vents

SOLD MIB2 6.5" Screen w/ NAV Button VW PN: 5GM919605 $100 OBO + Shipping GTI "Carbon" Screen Bezel w/ Vents VW PN: 5GM819728 $50 OBO + Shipping Both are working pulls from 2016 MK7 GTI after I upgraded to an 8" screen. Both in excellent condition and fully functional. Google Maps photo below...
  9. T

Funny enough my box looked very similar, but had the VW / Audi logo removed (and was slightly dented). VW PN's inside match yours.
  10. T

What was the Atlas USB port you mentioned? A different charging module?
  11. T

On the MK7 models that have the manual e-brake (like mine), there is a cigarette lighter inside the arm rest, and the connector for that cig lighter is RIGHT behind the rear vent trim piece next to where these ports go, probably about 5 inches away. You could probably make the harness about 12"...
  12. T

Oh yeah, definitely. The trim and USB are absolutely VW parts, or at a minimum parts from the VW factories. I more meant just the wiring harnesses themselves, since I don't really think VW sells OEM retrofit-kits, and the original wiring harness would be much different for our vehicles.
  13. T

I sort of suspect none of these are truly "OEM" harnesses, because they're retrofit harnesses. I imagine installed from the factory these go somewhere else and are terminated properly with a fuse or something, instead of piggy-backing off of an existing connector. That said, I think there are...
  14. T

W00t! Happy to help, gives me confidence that mine might work. Also based on your images, it only seems like I might have to modify one of the tabs to fit in the manual e-brake center console. Gonna get the dremel out and will report back.
  15. T

Here's some photos of my harness. I haven't tested it so I don't know if it works, but it seems to be wired appropriately based on the pins / colors.
  16. T

Actually, they do look a little different to me (not quite as different as mine though). Take a close look at the orientation of the securing tab and the length of the mounting fingers.
  17. T

Could you post a picture of the back-side mounting clips on the Performance Tuning Parts unit? Is it the same as mine previously pictured?
  18. T

I don't believe you should get +5V and GND on the harness leading to the USB ports, you should get +12 and GND as its a 12V to 5V regulator. If you're getting 5V you might have tapped into the cigarette LED wire instead of the actual supply wire.
  19. T

Here are my side-by-side photos with the differences outlined. I have the the '16 GTI center console which does not have the drink cover and has a manual e-brake. I believe that's the main reason that it doesn't fit properly. I might be able to modify the tabs to make it work, but not sure it...