GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Duchess

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Kind of a potato-quality picture, but I had the underside of my hood painted! The design was a collaborative effort between a friend of mine (Sorotrax) who did the design and lineart, and a local artist slash Miata enthusiast (padynsmiata) who painted it on and added colour. I was inspired to...
  2. Duchess

Finally got around to buying a 24mm H&R RSB and had it installed on my GTI last week. The grip levels from the rear now feel like night and day! Absolutely planted to the road, it's been dangerous levels of fun! I'm glad I stuck with the 24mm and didn't go beefier with the 26mm as I feel that...
  3. Duchess

Is this to reis?

Generally I'm not a fan, but when it's done right, it's *nice*
  4. Duchess

To DSG or not to DSG…?

Was gonna post an opinion in this thread until I saw this and honestly... yeah. We reached the top with this, nowhere to go but down :ROFLMAO:
  5. Duchess

What's the best/worst thing you've bought off AliExpress for your car?

Not even joking, a friend bought this for me a while ago as a joke along with some other... Putin paraphernalia... including puddle lights that show a picture of Putin :ROFLMAO: AliExpress is a treasure trove of absurd Putin/Nic Cage items that boggle the mind.
  6. Duchess

Review: Osram vs. Aliexpress dynamic turn signals

I bought the smoked AliExpress ones a while back and installed them. Have to echo what most have said about the f^@*#&^ mirror caps (the passenger side went so smoothly, but the driver's side chose violence). The install of the actual lights was super easy and they look great! Used the savings...
  7. Duchess

Thanks! These Superspeeds are right around 18 pounds, so it's a wonderfully lightweight wheel. They temporarily come in satin bronze and white as well; they were a 2020 release that you can still get but I'm not sure for how much longer. They really hit the sweet spot for me in the form +...
  8. Duchess

'21 GTI Impressions, Hits, & Misses

I just have a windshield cover I strap on to my car in winter when snow's a-comin'. No scraping, no lifting, I just take it off and go once I've cleaned off the rest of my car! Getting snow off is one thing, but scraping ice is the worst.
  9. Duchess

Quick n' dirty pic but I just got my boy back from the shop after having these new wheels put on and I am in L O V E :love: Superspeed RF03RR 18x8.5 in matte black, truly NSFW Just wish I could've gotten new tires to go with it, but I'm gonna wait out this rubber shortage before I get my hands...
  10. Duchess

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Honestly, I just want to get rid of these as my winters have been on their own alloys and I don't have the storage space to keep these hanging around. Googling for a place that buys OEM wheels is a good call if they take the damaged ones at a discount... Thanks!
  11. Duchess

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I was a bit torn between making a new thread about this or posting my question in here, but for the sake of clutter reduction I'll keep my question in this thread: What can I do with my curb rashed wheels? An incident last summer with an a*hole in a BMW led to me getting curb rash on 2 of my...
  12. Duchess

Noob here. Where do I start?

Hey fellow Ottawan! If you want more power to start, I second the recommendation for a tune. Rodgers Performance can set you up with a Unitronic tune, they're my #1 recommendation.
  13. Duchess

MK7 Partout - 19" Superspeed RF05RR, RS3 Brake Ducts, Endless Pads, WeatherTech

Actually crying that I missed out on those Superspeeds, hope they've gone to a loving home though!
  14. Duchess

Finally put my summers on and had Rally Armor mudflaps installed. I have to say I love the look! He needs a bath badly, but it's supposed to rain all through next week so I'm going to keep holding off until better weather is here for good.
  15. Duchess

17" Wheels for Winter Tires on GTIs?

I have 17s on my GTI for winter and it was a great choice in my opinion, no fitment issues whatsoever with wheels very similar to these https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/oem-17-wheels-that-clear-pp-r-calipers.356946/post-7358025 but with 215/50 tires instead of 225/45. (y)
  16. Duchess

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I am deeply jealous of your find, but make us proud and bust those dicks!
  17. Duchess

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

My RallyArmor mudflaps came in today! Cannot wait to get these on, but I think I will wait until I switch off my winter tires at the end of next month.