GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Supercrumpet

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Accidentally tore up my hatch weatherstripping when pushing a huge block of tooling foam into my car. Think this might be risking a leak, or can I get away with it as just cosmetic damage since it's at the bottom of the door?
  2. Supercrumpet

Let's see your PC's

Whoa, super cool case. I'm really into cases with unique layouts and that one is very much on my radar now. Nice build!
  3. Supercrumpet

Let's see your PC's

Mind giving a quick review on the case itself? I've never even considered a case from a company that typically focuses on other products, but that one looks pretty nice, actually.
  4. Supercrumpet

Spring & Shock/Damper Installation Reference Guide

I believe so, but regardless it can be done fairly easily if you have the car on jackstands and use a floor jack on the end of the lower control arm to push it up into place, which gives you way more space than with the car on the ground.
  5. Supercrumpet

Swapped over to Bilstein B16s on my Alltrack a couple weekends ago and set ride heights pretty high since I wasn't sure how much to expect them to settle. A few hundred miles and a weekend trip later, they're all settled, and yesterday evening a friend and I tried lowering the rear. Top lock nut...
  6. Supercrumpet

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Yeah, best of luck on fixing that one. I posted about the giant chip I got in my windshield a couple months ago nearly, and it took weeks, a lot of wasted time, and too many headaches to get it replaced. Never going to that Safelite location again. You're correct in your concerns lol.
  7. Supercrumpet

Collected some debris on the interstate today.
  8. Supercrumpet

Did some casual autox this weekend in the Alltrack; friend of mine brought his Corrado.
  9. Supercrumpet

1.8T Post-APR Stage 1 Tune Questions

Nope, no input lag. The surge post-lift is the only thing that feels off. Yep, exactly what I'm experiencing.
  10. Supercrumpet

Huh, that's disappointing lol. Thanks for the replies.
  11. Supercrumpet

A few weeks back, I got my Alltrack tuned with an APR Stage 1 tune, replacing a JB4. Overall I've been really enjoying it, but I've noticed a couple odd things that I've been wondering about. 1. Oil temperature used to hover around 215-220, and now it's on average about 20 degrees lower. Is that...
  12. Supercrumpet

100% something I would do lol. Looks good though.
  13. Supercrumpet

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Please keep us updated on the installation process and how you like it; I've been loosely considering that exact brace.
  14. Supercrumpet

A few weeks back, I got my Alltrack tuned with an APR Stage 1 tune, replacing a JB4. Overall I've been really enjoying it, but I've noticed a couple odd things that I've been wondering about. 1. Oil temperature used to hover around 215-220, and now it's on average about 20 degrees lower. Is that...
  15. Supercrumpet

Late yesterday I installed an IE Intake and turbo inlet pipe, replacing the respective ECS (without heatshield 😬) and stock parts. Much less janky than before; it's nice to move away from ECS parts. Especially because of moving to an APR tune from a JB4 a couple weeks ago, it feels like a whole...
  16. Supercrumpet

Seconding what @BadHombre760 said, I ran a JB4 93 octane tune (albeit with the 1.8T) for over 30k miles and experienced zero clutch issues, and I think I'm probably a little harder on my my car than I should be considering that, though I only do launches for autox, which is just a handful of...
  17. Supercrumpet

Not a question about the cars specifically, but anyone try buying anything from Eurocode over the weekend? They only take cards and neither of the ones I've tried work on their site, but work elsewhere. Going to try calling them in a few hours since they're in CA but I dunno if anyone will pick...
  18. Supercrumpet

How well does the color match in person/how was the install? They look great! I've been thinking about something like this on and off for a while.
  19. Supercrumpet

The KAP brackets are really nice, I have one in my Alltrack and one in my E46 as well.