GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

my tuned GTI suffered a catastrophic engine failure...

Brother, whatever you think you achieved in the military (and with a Master's no doubt) surely isn't becoming of the way you write. At least in my Masters program, it was required to write effectively. Further more, having been in the "Military" (whenever that was) - you surely were not an...
  2. H

Discourse in a public forum isn't harrassment bud. You can stop that barracks lawyer nonsense. Higher Octane Fuel = Increased Knock Threshold IAT will dictate the combustion and in return the ECU will adjust (timing and/or boost) to match BOTH In/Out measurements. Octane isn't keeping timing...
  3. H

No more "guess" work Keehs360. This is not how it works. You are trying to understand it, but expressing it as if you do.
  4. H

I am not referring to this whole "knock" nonsense - I was really asking the question in hopes that you do in fact understand automotove engineering.
  5. H

The dyno you went to and the Dyno APR used will have completely different variations of actual "WHP". Do you know why?
  6. H

Parting out car

That was short lived.
  7. H

money shift help

Are “Money Shifts” making money or losing money?
  8. H

Pro-Tune/Customs are optimized and provide for customization - whether they be power increases, throttle behavior, lower torque value, etc.... Reputable OTS tunes are typically on the moderate/safer side in their value/table settings. I don't believe that any certified tuner is adjusting the...
  9. H

I understood the contention to be a 93Oct tune vs 91Oct for addt'l safety. That being said, using 93Oct on a 91Oct tune is more appreciable than a base 91Oct alone. This does not denote a power increase, just addt'l margin for error.
  10. H

No, not less power. It just becomes more "knock resistant" - slower burn rate = cleaner burn.
  11. H

APR stage 1 spark plugs

Follow the engineering of the platform and all of the notable changes within the system and it will make sense. Your analogies are "beliefs" and not applied engineering practices.
  12. H

PO302 Cylinder 2 Misfire

There are plenty of help tools that one could employ just by searching for them. It just becomes too much "pro bono" work :)
  13. H

PO302 Cylinder 2 Misfire

Yes. His issue is One Cylinder misfiring. If the connector isn't damaged and clipped in, the boot isn't damaged, and the plug is good, it isn't coming from a leak anywhere. + He is @50K and should check the intake valves/clean at this point.
  14. H

If he has a 91 Tune and uses 93, then in essence he is already applying additional safety. That also can aide with possible poor fuel quality from the 91 pump. Explain the "sacrifice" when using a higher octane than required on any given tune?
  15. H

RS7 OEM sparkplugs

So, not better than your unobtainium plugs
  16. H

Probably for the same reasons you chose to go with the APR Stage 1, "cost"?
  17. H

All New Pricing on all APR ECU/TCU Upgrades!

On the 93 their graph depicts 358whp with the High Torque / 354whp with the Low Torque.
  18. H

RS7 OEM sparkplugs

I see that DAP pushes the 998 and most others push the 905. They are BOTH +1 Heat Range cooler though. As long as they are NOT the older "BERU" part #'s 079 905 626M and 079 905 626G then you'll be good with either.
  19. H

Intercooler aftermarket upgrade... will it add more lag?

When upgrading your components to more efficient components, that in itself DOES NOT void the entire warranty. It obviously voids that specific component, but NOT the entire drivetrain. Things to avoid (if you're concerned about warranty) are fueling components, turbos and connections directly...