GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. AceHammer

2015 Modified Audi A3 2.0T AWD DSG - 16k Located in Mass

I've finally decided to part with my A3 after 5 years and figured I'd cross-post my Facebook post to see if there is any interest here. I've decided to upgrade to something faster with more headroom as I feel that around 400hp is the sweet spot on these motors and going past that results in...
  2. AceHammer

Reminder to empty catch cans when its cold

Got down to -2 yesterday and had my spulen catch can freeze to the point the PCV system was completely blocked. Car smoked a bit on startup which I assumed was just due to the temps but the second I started driving could instantly tell something was off and started blowing a ton of smoke out the...
  3. AceHammer

S3 Partout link

Figured I'd stick this here looks like a full part out of an S3 aka Golf R, if anyone is looking for some parts https://www.redlineautoparts.com/audi/2015-2020-a3-s3-rs3/?sort=newest&page=1 That full Haldex unit for 600 has me tempted with wavetrac working on a drop-in rear lsd :D
  4. AceHammer

Anyone know if you can adjust B16 rear coils on the car

Got to raise the car up so my winters don't rub in the rear. Anyone know if you can adjust the rear spring perch with just the car in the air or will I have to disassemble the rear suspension?
  5. AceHammer

Worst Alignment Specs you've seen

Curious about other crappy alignments. I think mine was in pretty rough shape :D Did coils toe-arms and end links last weekend, and just got it in today.
  6. AceHammer

Any companies looking to make more parts

If anyone made a lightweight aluminum replacement for the rear lower control arms around the 300-500 dollar price point I would buy it right now. I would love to replace mine as after 85k miles in salt land they look like absolute shit, and every time I fuck with my coils I have to make sure I...
  7. AceHammer

Has anyone heard of or tried this rear BBK

Currently running Macan calipers upfront and always wanted rear-fixed calipers in the back to match. Was wondering if anyone had tried out this kit. And yes I know, a BBK on the rear is not worth it from a performance standpoint, but I really don't care I like the way it looks, and it's...
  8. AceHammer

Radiator Fan staying on after driving with some tunes?

So I noticed that when I was trying out some of the default Cobb files, the car would keep the radiator fans as well as the electric coolant pump running once the car was shut off. Since switching to EQT I noticed that the car now only runs the electric pump, like stock. It was a nice feature...
  9. AceHammer

Emission readiness with acessport tune

So for the past two years, I've never had issues with inspection on my A3. Been running a catless DP + spacer, IS38+ and bolt ons with a JB4 Map 6. The only emission monitor not ready was the cat which is fine in my state. (Can have 1 monitor set to Not Ready) However I recently switched to a...
  10. AceHammer

Anyone else get a VWoA data breach email?

Got this email today and at first, I thought it was a scam email, but seems to check out. And what would you know, about 3 hours later I began getting random BS emails about home offers and other obvious phishing scams. Also found on their support page, though luckily none of this data...
  11. AceHammer

Help with HPFP install

Having difficulty with the autotek HPFP install. I got the retainer out no problem with a bearing press but now I can't seem to remove the piston from the lower housing. It has the top piece still on and I have no idea how to get it off the piston
  12. AceHammer

Non PP rear calipers + brackets + E-brake motors

50k miles on them, rear e-brake worked fine when removed. 272mmx10mm rotor size 20 + shipping I also got a set of rear rotors with about 5k I'll throw in if you want to pay shipping on em too.
  13. AceHammer

Jb4 swap

I have a JB4 on 2.0T A3. I was wondering if it would be possible to put on my friend's 1.8T Passat for a day to let him try it out. I've swapped the JB4 onto another 2.0T GTI without issue, but obviously, there's a much bigger difference now. As far as I can tell the 1.8T and the 2.0T units are...
  14. AceHammer

For sale 272mm rear brakes

Have a set of 272mm rear calipers with the electronic parking brake motors still installed as well as carriers. 50k miles. Dirty but seals and boots are fine. Electronic brakes worked when removed. Will do 200 shipped Will throw in a set of stoptech blank rotors with about 3k on em if you pay...
  15. AceHammer

For Sale - 312mm front calipers + carriers

Took em off to do the Macan upgrade. 65K miles. Not in the best shape but the seals and boots look okay-ish. Just a bunch of surface rust and dirt from driving around on salted roads. One caliper may be leaking fluid, couldn't really tell. Will do 50 + shipping or local pickup around eastern...
  16. AceHammer

Installing BFI motor/trans mounts

When installing the mounts do I need to use an engine hoist to support the motor/trans, or am I good to simply put a jack with wood on the oil pan and do one mount at a time? I also heard some stories about alignment issues as well
  17. AceHammer

Rear lower control arm options

After 65k miles in New England, my rear lower control arms have seen much better days. While they are not structurally compromised, they are getting pretty rusty, and it makes it a pain if I need to do any work around em. Would prefer to not replace em with another part that will rust. Plus they...
  18. AceHammer

What's up with cylinder 1 on these cars?

Pretty much every hurt motor thread seems to involve cylinder 1. I have noticed that on my current tune if I get any knock at all it's always 1, and if I retard timing it comes from 1 as well. Is there a reason that 1 always seems to be the culprit? The only thing I can think of is that coolant...
  19. AceHammer

Mk7 partout link

Saw this while browsing the web figured I'd post it here for anyone looking for anything. Looks like this site just parted out a gti with 74k miles. All the stuff seems reasonably priced and in good shape https://www.redlineautoparts.com/volkswagen/2015-2021-mk7-gti/?sort=newest&page=1
  20. AceHammer

WTS IS20

Cleaning out the garage looking to get rid of my IS20. Has 50k miles on it, about 20k were with a jb4 on it. Comes with actuator still installed and a turbo inlet pipe, no DV. Will upload a video later tonight, but no shaft play was working perfectly before I gave in to the power bug...