GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

used car market ... wtf

I could sell my R right now for more than I bought it for new. Tempted to do it and switch to an RS3, lol. But I need the hatch.
  2. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Got some really bad gas down here in SoCal. https://datazap.me/u/mbgolf7r/eqt-vortex-tuning-7?log=0&data=8-14
  3. S

When the Vortex kicks in...

Yeah I was surprised. For reference, at Stage 2, I was dead even with that camera car.
  4. S

When the Vortex kicks in...

https://streamable.com/95ego4 Had a little go with my friend's FBO tuned 370Z and his brother's FBO tuned SRT4. I started in 7th on accident because I wasn't ready, so I was outside of boost and had to downshift to 3rd, but once the Vortex got going, it got going! Had to brake early because...
  5. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Got it, thank you!
  6. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

All this talk about ECU and DSG tunes being compatible... if I've upgraded to the Vortex, do I need to also get my DSG retuned?
  7. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Got my Vortex installed! Quite happy with the results from just the base tune. This is a 4th gear pull on a AWD Mustang dyno vs Stage 2. Unfortunately didn't get a baseline pull at stock. 55awhp gain is pretty damn good! Gonna do another run when I get some revisions done. Only HPFP. Depending...
  8. S

Typical Interstate Speeds

I live in California and typically cruise at 80. Most people here do the same, and even faster, when there's no traffic. If I go out of state, though, I drop it down to 70. I did get a ticket once for doing 75 in a 70.
  9. S

Looking for a Tuner

This is the first thing I did before I purchased my Vortex. :D
  10. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

My EQT Vortex is on its way! Gonna have to set up an appointment with Ed for install and tune. Can't wait to get it in.
  11. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Around Riverside
  12. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I had quite a bit of knock retard in both Stage 1 and Stage 2, likely owing to the gas quality here in SoCal, along with our hot weather (90+ degrees). Though it was never on hard acceleration, so I was told it wasn't a big deal. Finally got my IC upgraded and now it doesn't retard so much...
  13. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I'll double check the DP. Figured it was something hitting, since it's only present when the engine moves the most. Plus the AMS heat shield is pretty hefty. Thanks guys!
  14. S

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I’m getting a weird rattle can noise under acceleration after installing downpipe and tuned stage 2, but only in 1st and 2nd gear at lower RPM, but knock sensors are at 0, and no CEL or anything. Anyone have any ideas?
  15. S

Average MPG?

I have ceramic tint (Xpel Prime XR Plus) and yeah, I've had to turn the AC down from where it was (had it set to 65 just to keep up with the heat, but now I keep it at 75). That said, I'm in SoCal and the weather's been in the 100's, so the AC is still on all the time.
  16. S

Average MPG?

My average right now is about 21.9 MPG, but that’s involved a lot of sitting in my car eating with the AC on. Normal driving without meals on wheels, I get around 24 combined. On the freeway I get about 28-29. This is at Stage 2 with a roof rack on.
  17. S

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Quick question I couldn't find an answer to. I just reinstalled my stock resonator while waiting for the 17950. Is the 17950 louder than the stock resonator? I kinda liked the loudness with a downpipe and without a resonator, but the rasp was real bad. The stock resonator got rid of the rasp...
  18. S

Alright, thanks for the clarification!
  19. S

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

Just got EQT Stage 2. Wonder if a dogbone insert will help my times, but overall pretty pleased with this for 91 octane. All 4 tires do slip considerably.
  20. S

Just installed my downpipe and getting some bad rasp. I have the stock catback. I understand the recommendation is a 17950, but is that assuming welding? Will the clamps from my resonator delete work?