GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. patrick_b

2017 MK7 GTI SE Night Blue Metallic (PP/LP/MT). 68.9K miles, Cobb AP included, 2 sets of wheels, Konig/PS4S and OEM's with snows. Located N. Shore MA

SOLD Two keys/FOB's, new wheels, tires, brakes (pads and rotors), high temp brake fluid, new heavy duty clutch and full coilover suspension all within the last 4000-5000 miles. I bought the car last summer and put 5000 miles on it. Was adult owned not tracked by the previous owner. It came...
  2. patrick_b

Pure White Weekend Warrior

Love the color! Can't argue with the CX5 in terms of value, reliability, etc. I'm guessing the trim you chose is the performance version :). I'm sure it moves right along. I've had company cars forever. For the last 10 years, it's been the Ford Explorer and/or Edge. I rented the CX5 last year...
  3. patrick_b

Shift Knobs

I don't get wobble but I find the set screws loosen easily. I even used loctite and had them loosen twice. It's been a few months now so I guess I got it set pretty well.
  4. patrick_b

APR Steering Wheel

Got a quote from Royal. It's pretty reasonable at $280 even shipping to the UK and back. Looking at perf leather on the sides like yours and Alcantara on top/bottom. If I go forward I'll ship my wheel as my car sits over the winter.
  5. patrick_b

2020 HPDE Plans

I’ll pencil in 6.17 as well. Looking forward to it. 👍
  6. patrick_b

2020 HPDE Plans

For the northeast guys, SCDA just posted the 2021 schedule. Of note is the VAG discount on May 4-5 at Watkins Glen and June 17 at Palmer. I'd love to meet up with some fellow GTI owners.
  7. patrick_b

I watched in awe as a couple in their late 60's maybe even 70's drive two Lotus Evora's at Palmer in the advanced group. They trailered the vehicles and both had HANS type devices. She religiously checked tire pressures after every session. Really fun to watch. When I was a teenager in the...
  8. patrick_b

Can't wait to hear how it does on the track. I got a few laps in at Canaan as a passenger in a slightly modded 2018 M2 (lower but softer suspension and RE71's) and was amazed at how it drove. The driver had a lot to do with it of course but it just felt so stable and solid. I'm loving the GTI...
  9. patrick_b

Oettinger rear spoiler installed today.

Mine was similarly priced, $477 for the part and $300 for paint and install. It looks OEM. Well said.
  10. patrick_b

That looks great. What year, mileage, etc.? Can't get over how sharp it is.
  11. patrick_b

Driving at (and over) the Limit

I read Bentley's "Ultimate Speed Secrets" and "The Lost Art of High-Performance Driving" over the summer and found it really interesting as well. Speaking with a few of the instructors at SCDA, they all seem to agree that Covid's push to a lead-follow instruction method is getting people up to...
  12. patrick_b

2020 HPDE Plans

Headed to Canaan, NH for a MassTuning event on Sunday, Nov 8. Last track day of the year and hopefully the nice weather holds on through the weekend.
  13. patrick_b

APR Steering Wheel

Is this a TAW Custom wheel?
  14. patrick_b

APR Steering Wheel

Is the Clubsport wheel any thicker? I'm on the fence between OEM/Clubsport or Alcantara TAW custom but I'd like something a bit thicker than stock and it appears that the Clubsport isn't any thicker.
  15. patrick_b

Track day observations with my 2017 SE. Palmer Motorsports Park Oct 19

I have a credit with MassTuning for an event I had to cancel so I'm trying to fit one more event in but my schedule is tight. May push it off until next year. I'll keep an eye on the HPDE thread for next year.
  16. patrick_b

Lap looked great! Were you the Lapiz Blue R in the carports? I met the guy in the gray R who ran in novice. Lime Rock is a bit of a hike for me. Maybe next year when I can plan ahead. Definitely plan to do more with SCDA next year. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the brake pad rec. Put it on...
  17. patrick_b

Good idea. One more event this year and then nothing until spring. I'll run them until they wear out. Seemed to work great but I'm not exactly setting any lap records. What do you suggest for replacements when they need it?
  18. patrick_b

You bet, hope so too. It was fun. Too bad about your GTI but hope the Miata offers as much fun. They sure do well out there on the track.
  19. patrick_b

I bought the car this summer after driving company cars & SUV's for the last 15-20 yrs. I drove GTI's from the late 80's to late 90's (MK1 and MK2). I decided to buy a weekend/occasional track car and picked up a 3 year old MK7. It's not a daily as I still drive a Ford Edge for work. I have the...