GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

Oil on Spark Plug

I've had worse, actually on my last plug change. I run them about 5k-10k, they were drenched. I did a compression test after and all 4 cylinders were 175-178psi across the 4. The cam cover definitely needs to be resealed but I don't care enough yet to do so.
  2. O

Drive mode/Traction control button not functioning

I literally had it plugged around backwards, PRDL was switched around with the Drive modes. So didn't dig any deeper than that. What are you trying to do?
  3. O

Chirping sound on initial start, and braking

Replace your serpentine belt.
  4. O

Red ambient lights rear and dash

@FixIt Hey, I'm interested in this alternative over the Aliexpress kit. Thanks for posting, just a quick question about the front dash plastic. Is there a place already for the fiber optic?
  5. O

Stumbling start (intermittently, so that's fun [still not fixed, apparently])?

You can pick up a LPFP for about 125 bucks, I got mine from DAPAuto. Takes literally 15 minutes to replace. @Diggs24 Helped me figure out my issues before, so I would also try his suggestion for pulling the charcoal canister as well.
  6. O

Stumbling start (intermittently, so that's fun [still not fixed, apparently])?

I had issues with my LPFP failing intermittently, it would stumble when starting and randomly cutting out when just starting out to drive. Replaced the LPFP and that fixed my issue. Then I had an issue with the charcoal canister failing, it wasn't full of fuel but I replaced the jet suction...
  7. O

Taking headlights apart

You can buy AFS adapters from china and upgrade to G5 Hella 5 Projectors. If yours is the Hella housing, they use Hella 3. The G5 are a drop in with the afs bracket.
  8. O

Taking headlights apart

Here's a good guide to use for those interested in opening up their lights, I had a service do mine and upgrade the projectors on the AFS motors. I've retrofitted before but permaseal is just so annoying and time consuming, again I'd just pay for it to be done.MK7 Upgrade Lighting package
  9. O

DIY 2016 gti alternator replacement

What were your symptoms for failure?
  10. O

That's the bracket I meant, sounds easier than expected
  11. O

Taking headlights apart

Cutting along the seam will be quicker and easier, if you think it can be easily removed like butyl headlights. I strongly recommend you bring them to someone and pay the 600 bucks to have them open them up for you.
  12. O

Good to know that's an option!
  13. O

I read that you can unmount the ac line bracket and squeeze it through that way
  14. O

17 Sport with DSG flywheel chatter/chirps :( Anyone else?

Normal, dsg chatter that sounds like a can of marbles while cold is concerning
  15. O

How'd it go? Did you remove the ac bracket?
  16. O

P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure - Too Low

Yeah, I threw in a new lpfp. Been fine ever since and I'm tuned as well
  17. O

Taking headlights apart

Find a retrofit service, or you'll need to cut them open and reseal. Plenty of videos on how to open permaseal lights, I've contemplated doing it to upgrade my projectors but ended up bringing them to a retrofitter shop.
  18. O

Is this an impossible job?

You're taking the center console out, honestly. It's not that bad of a job, just a bunch fo T20s/T25s and a couple T30s. Probably an hour tops, how did that drop in though? It only comes up, not down.
  19. O

If you need a battery ...

I'm in Bayonne nj, don't know if it's worth the 3hr drive to do that but good to know they warranty it!
  20. O

If you need a battery ...

Can we ship used batteries back to them?