GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

7.5 R 2020 front creaky suspension

When my car was under warranty, they greased the lca bushings. The noise went away for a couple of months and then started making noise again. My brother who has an s3 has the same issue. I just think its the bushing material after a few years of wear starts making that noise, especially when it...
  2. G

7.5 R 2020 front creaky suspension

I get the noise too, only in cold weather. My top mounts are new so I suspect this is the common noise from the lca bushings that many people seem to get on the mqb cars.
  3. G

Rms leak or timing chain cover gasket?

I recently noticed an oil leak underneath my 2017 golf R. I originally thought it was from the rear main seal but the further I look into it the less im certain that is the source. What I notice is a lot of oil leaking from the timing chain cover that is making its way down that side of the...
  4. G

Dcc issues

Ya I hear you, felt the same way, been down the same road. I definitely felt the different characteristics of each mode but the noises over bumps drove me crazy. Very frustrating, I wish you luck, hope the calibration helps.
  5. G

Dcc issues

I experienced the same thing as you. I changed every suspension component including brand new oem dcc shocks.I Did the calibration, checked all the sensors related to the dcc system, pretty much drove myself crazy and it still made noises over low speed potholes that drove me insane. Dont know...
  6. G

Bilstein b6 damptronic (sold)

Sorry, they are sold
  7. G

Bilstein b6 damptronic (sold)

Selling my set of b6 damptronic shocks. Fits mk7 golf r and gti. Intalled in August of this year. Proof of date of purchase. Dont even have 5000km on them. Asking 1200$ usd plus shipping.
  8. G

Asta la vista, baby. . .

Im not french though, its almost like you living in Austin and someone assuming your Californian.
  9. G

Asta la vista, baby. . .

Who you referring too?
  10. G

Asta la vista, baby. . .

Try seeing if its faster and easier when its -15 outside and you have gloves on in the car.
  11. G

034 RS3 specific springs are the BEST lowering spring for AWD MK7

Yup I feel the same way, Was looking to put 034 springs, the specs looked good; .4” drop nothing crazy, stiffer spring rates but apparently everyone says not to get them because of noises and issues that people have had with them. There really isnt much if your not looking to lower the car but...
  12. G

Yes thats correct, if anything im sure that those would be better than the neuspeed sports, considering they have less of a drop and higher spring rate.
  13. G

Thanks for the feedback, im going to go with s3 springs and bilstein b4 oe s3 struts just to play it safe. The struts are relatively inexpensive. I dont want anything too harsh as I dont track my car. I just got an answer from bilstein about the rates that the b6 and b8 struts can take. They...
  14. G

Upgrade RSB only or do both RSB+FSB?

I would say accessing the passenger side rear sway bar bushing bolts is a little tricky. They are blocked by the driveshaft so you have to jack up that control arm up and down a few times to access those bolts on that side. The only reason why It became a pain in the ass for me is because 2 of...
  15. G

You’re probably right, I think its because where I live we get alot of snow and salt on the roads in the winter. As a consequence those bolts were completely corroded and snapped. Maybe something to consider for those that live in the north east like myself before installing, but for sure like...
  16. G

I just installed a RSB on my 2017 golf r a couple of months ago. In my opinion it was not worth it, I know alot of people Might feel differently as this mod is highly regarded for these cars. The stock rsb is by no means small at 21mm, probably one of the largest oem sizes you can find on a car...
  17. G

Stage 1 DSG vs RC350

I understand what your saying about how hp is measured, im not disputing that, but ultimately its the hp and lighter weight that won you the race. Torque is just the amount of work you can do, hp is how fast you can do that amount of work. By this logic diesel cars would be rockets but they are...
  18. G

Im also curious to know how the b8 are holding up to those spring rates, I know they work with lowering springs but what rates can they cope with without deteriorating or failing. I dont know if b4 oe springs for the s3 would be better considering the s3 oem spring rates are 320,400 front and...
  19. G

Bilstein b6 damptronic

Heres a member of audizine that had both springs and confirmed they are the same. Its only the struts that are stiffer on the rs3.