GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Looks good, I ended up buying VAS6614 which did the trick.
  2. Fraysa

How to attach back door trim to door cards?

Hot glue collapsed after some hot days... hence why I'm looking for another material. If you have a nice expoy to recommend lmk...
  3. Fraysa

How to attach back door trim to door cards?

I bought the gloss black door trim. I removed my old brushed aluminum ones using a drill on the rivets and attached the new ones with hot glue, but it didn't hold up... What's the best way to attach them back to the door card? @Cuzoe maybe you know?
  4. Fraysa

Sticky quarter window trim

Back in the day I ordered a new trim with glass but I cancelled the order after I've seen there are no posts for tutorials on how to replace this. I tried to look on erWIN but didn't find anything so decided to live with it .
  5. Fraysa

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

Honestly as much as I love my MK7, it had more problems than any other VAG car I had, from random noises to water leaks to whatnot.
  6. Fraysa

Which tpye of silicone to use to fix broken hatch clip?

Thank you guys. And @ZERO815 I'm not surprised you did that, you're crazy ;-)
  7. Fraysa

Which tpye of silicone to use to fix broken hatch clip?

I noticed some water in the roof lining, and turned out I broke the horrible clip in the hatch when I installed my rear dashcam last month, but just didn't notice. Watching some videos and reading online, most people recommend to replace it, which I have no problem doing - however mine broke...
  8. Fraysa

[Mini Writeup] LED ambient light in glovebox trim

I manually changed the adaptation for the footwell lights from 100 to 127, which set them to bright, and they don't dim with doors. This also means that the slider/dimming function won't work - but it's too late now anyway. Thank you for the insight though!
  9. Fraysa

And this just proves that OEM > all :-)
  10. Fraysa

Another thing I forgot to mention: unlike the OEM strip in the door cards, this one doesn't go all the way to the edge, which can be off-putting to some people, including me.
  11. Fraysa

DISCLAIMER This is a "mini" writeup because I didn't take much photos of the process. I do however go deep into details so let me know if you need any help. Background My 2016 1.4TSI MK7 Golf came pretty spec'd (compared to what you can buy here in Israel), however there were still a lot...
  12. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Just throwing an update here. I helped my friend with an Audi A3 8P (2011) to retrofit PDC. He used the genuine tools for his era (VAS 6614) with the appropriate holders/cutting tool which state 18mm and it came out perfect. Found an official document regarding the MK7 saying it has to be...
  13. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

The whole reason other here have this retrofit is due to this thread. I don’t need to quality anything, AliExpress is fake and shit quality, your standards are low so you don’t notice the difference.
  14. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Thanks! I didn’t understand what do you mean in the first question? Well, I haven’t seen any of you post results of your final product so I can’t know if our standards are the same.
  15. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

So, the update you all been waiting for!!! Finally had some time today and everything was ready, so I took out the bumper and brought it to a friend's apartment where we could easily work. We started by removing the old glue residue from the previous attempts. We weren't super careful since I...
  16. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Had some free time today, but not enough to install the sensors. However, I was able to get to the bumper harness through the wheel well (last time I didn't screw in all the screws since I was gonna disassemble it anyway). Plugged in the sensors and left the harness hanging there. And... it...
  17. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Finally got my new sensors painted, as well as the PLA brackets. Gonna install them probably this weekend or the one afterwards and update here how it turned out!
  18. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Constructed the harness while writing the previous post. I took my new genuine sensors to the paint workshop today, will receive them tomorrow. Thanks @Cuzoe for the help with the pins!
  19. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

OK, so I got the AliExpress 8-pin harness in front of me. From what I can see: Wire Color Purpose Pin Number Wire Color on Genuine Harness Red/Yellow 12V 8 Red/Yellow Brown/White Ground 7 Brown/Yellow Green/White Right PLA 2 Red/Blue Green Right 1 Blue/Purple Green/Yellow Right...
  20. Fraysa

PDC Retrofit Question

Oh, I think I understand what you are saying now. Well, I did write the pin number and wire colors for the AliExpress harness before taking it apart. I guess what I can do is trace the wires by color and see what each wire color (pin) gets assigned to. Once I have that, I can get the male pins...