GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Notchy shift normal? What longevity out of stick?

Cool. Thanks for some context. It warms up nicely. I'm learning to rev match when down shifting, something I never had to do in my prior sticks. I've only had the car a few months but every time I drive it I can't get the big grin off my face. So damn fun. I ride motorcycles, so my basis of...
  2. S

As I read more it sounds like the Motul 300 I used, weight is the same as stock roughly, is just known to be more notchy when cold. I live here in the fairly temperate PNW but it averages about 40-50 F 9 months of the year. I think I may switch back to OEM and just see what sort of difference I...
  3. S

So I've changed my manual fluid to Motul, car with about 18K miles, and the shifting is sure notchy when oil temp below 180. I've read this is "normal", but it makes me wonder about the synchros and the life of these transmissions? Does anybody here double clutch? It feels like this tranny is...
  4. S

Just plain fun

I realize this is a bit silly but I just have to get on and say that our new 2017 GTI is just plain fun. I drive pretty spirited and even on a hot and sunny day today I peeled out in first gear after already going 10 mph without trying or putting the pedal all the way down. So much torque. So...
  5. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Swapped out the OEM MT fluid for Motul 300 as I don't believe in lifetime oil. Will change it every 30-50K as it's so easy.
  6. S

Secret to fog lights switch?

That did it! So bizarre. It makes no sense that the fog light symbol is all the way to the left, and it says to pull out, but you go to the right and then pull out. There had to be a better way to indicate this, but once you know you know I guess. Thanks, I was stuck.
  7. S

Hmm, you mean I have to turn it to the right, or to an "on" position like parking lights or full headlights, and then twist it back to fog lights? I haven't tried that.
  8. S

So my 17 GTI has a fog light switch and appears to have the fog lights installed, but the switch does not pull out like it tells you to do. Nothing works to move the switch over to turn the fog lights on. This makes me wonder if the switch frame has fog lights but the switch itself doesn't have...
  9. S

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Got my KN air filter in the mail today. Goes in tomorrow.
  10. S

New owner of 17 GTI-Hello out there!

Thanks vj123. I'm a veteran user of other forums and know the search function well! I've been active on the sites for sailing, Volvo, Mercedes, Nissan, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Aprilia and others. Glad to join here and learn and help. Love my GTI already. So much fun to drive. When I am stuck in a cage...
  11. S

New owner of 17 GTI-Hello out there!

Hi Folks, I'm the happy new owner of a 17 GTI S manual with 14,300 miles on it. Got a good price and now doing a look around. I'm a long time DIY person with lots of experience on cars, motorcycles and boats, but no specialized training or fancy shop. I'll be using this site a lot over the...