GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Unable to shift in to first gear

Hey guys, I am having a hard time getting in to first and reverse gear only in cold weather (below 35). I had changed my brake fluid and clutch fluid to ATF type 200 instead of OEM LV back in March of this year. I don’t know if this is related to the difficulty in shift to those two gears but I...
  2. T

I need help with Fault codes for right and left light module

I was trying to adjust my comfort blinker settings with my obdeleven connector, when I notice that I got 8 different faults. Of those 8 the two that keeps on returning after I cleared the faults were 1) U101100 (left and right light) something about low voltage 2) B10CD00 ( air conditioning)...
  3. T

Clutch and brake fluid flush

So my car is coming up on the 3 year mark which means I will have to bleed my brakes and clutch. Does anyone know how to access the clutch bleeder nipple? I usually bleed my clutch at the same time as my brakes with previous cars but am unfamiliar with the process. I looked online and on...
  4. T

Micro SD card recommendation?

Hey guys, so I had my head unit (2019 SE) fail to turn on and display the rear back up cam on a few occasion. I took it to the dealership to have it looked at and they blamed it on my sd card. They said that my sd card is prob corrupted and needed to be replace but never gave me a proper answer...
  5. T

Does anyone here have a paid carnet subscription?

I’m curious on what you guys think about it. What made you decide to keep it? I have read that the 2020 models have advance capabilities with their 5 year free service but wasn’t sure what that included. I am on the fence about subscribing to it as it seems steep but it has saved me a couple of...
  6. T

Sunroof shade keeps sliding back when driving. Any fix?

So like the tittle says my sunroof shade keeps sliding open when I drive around. Not sure what's going but has anyone else experience this? If so does anyone have any recommendation to fixing this?
  7. T

Dkfa vs CXCB & CXCB differences?

So I went down rabbit hole trying to understand the major differences of these engine (don’t ask me why). My 2019 has a DKFA engine which had some major changes to allow for 0W20 oil. According to my research this was mainly due to fuel economy. However it looks like the mileage has dropped...
  8. T

Any Trust worthy dealership in the Denver area?

I had a bad experience with Larry H Miller VW. Who end up damaging my vehicle. I heard that Emich VW would be better but their Yelp review has some concerning feedback. I just wanted get a community consensus since I have to get the software recall updated. Sorry for the silly question.
  9. T

Has anyone broken their lug bolts when over tightening the wheels?

I was torquing up my vehicle wheel to the manufacture spec of 88ftlb using a torque wrench. Unfortunately, the torque wrench maybe broken as it didn’t click. Being a fool, I kept on tightening down leveraging my body weight (150lb) and leaning on it. But the click never happened so I tried it...
  10. T

How do you tell if your car has the “Air Care Climatronic” feature?

I was browsing on my owners manual (yes I’m that guy) and discovered the Air Care Climatronic feature. How do you guys determine if your car has that equip? The manual didn’t specify. FYI I do not have the auto climate control :(
  11. T

For those who have used snow chains or wires

Hey folks, I was planning on doing a road trip that would be about 1200-1500 mile each way. I currently have snow tires on and love them however the area I am traveling to is a warmer climate. This isn’t ideal for snow tires due to degraded handling and faster wear and tear. I was thinking of...
  12. T

Oil extractor drain plug change interval

For those who do oil changes with an oil extractor, how many cycles do you go before changing the plug?
  13. T

Gti brakes creaking when breaking in reverse

I notice that every time I back out and have to use my brakes at low speeds, my brakes would cause a loud grumbling sound. The weird thing is when I’m driving normally, (including braking) there’s no sound or vibrations. I thought it may be warped rotors but that would cause vibration and noise...
  14. T

Rpm jump when disengaging clutch at idle

So I was at an intersection waiting for the light to turn green. When I press the clutch pedal in before moving the gear shifter and before gassing it, I notice that my rpm would jump up 300 rpm. I replicated this again thinking that my right foot may have hit the throttle and to my surprised it...
  15. T

Strange Auto AC on when the heat is on

The weather is getting colder each day as winter is fast approaching. I notice that when I turn on my heat using the fan blower, my car automatically activates the AC function. Does anyone know why? I do not have the setting for front defrost which makes me curious as to why this is. Is there a...
  16. T

Performance winter tires vs winter tires

So I have been digging around on trying to understand the difference between the performance tires and winter tires. It seems that the difference is that performance tires give a compromise on winter conditions for that dry and wet handling performance increase. Has anyone put on performance...
  17. T

Jacking up the car

So I took my car to the tire shop to get winter tires bolt on since I no longer have my jack Stands. Little did I know, the tire tech forgot to torque the wheels to the vehicle which lead me here with trust issues. I am thinking of getting new jack stands (my pittsburg ones had a recall) and...
  18. T

Buffering sunroof

Hey I’m just throwing this question out there but has anyone with a sunroof on their gti experience buffeting when going above 30mph? I know it comes with a mesh to prevent that but idk if mines normal.
  19. T

Looking for HR rear sway bar 24-26mm

Looking for HR rear sway bar 24-26mm if anyone has one for sale.
  20. T

Paint chips

This maybe a stupid question but does anyone have experience with a good touch up paint product? I parked my car at a parking lot and when I returned I found that someone door dinged my car, leaving a large chip on my passenger door. The damage is a 3x4 mm paint chip that goes down to bare...