GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering

22k and mines leaking now. I guess I’m part of this club :)
  2. T

Unable to shift in to first gear

Yeah so I did the flush to both this past weekend. It seems that the shifting have improved but not quite snag free. I will try to recalibrate the linkage again. Perhaps a drill bit would work better than an Allen key
  3. T

Yeah I tried that once for 5min but it never warmed up enough to shift in to reverse or first gear. And not it’s not stock fluid. I bought it on FCPeuro which said that the type 200 was compatible. Once I flushed then I realized that it wasn’t LV or low viscosity. Perhaps that’s why
  4. T

That’s what I’m starting to think too. I’ll go buy the fluids and flush again. I wanted to see if I was the crazy one or if someone else had a similar experience.
  5. T

Yes, once the engine warms up it seems to go away. My car only has 23k miles, so I did not change the transmission fluid.
  6. T

Hey guys, I am having a hard time getting in to first and reverse gear only in cold weather (below 35). I had changed my brake fluid and clutch fluid to ATF type 200 instead of OEM LV back in March of this year. I don’t know if this is related to the difficulty in shift to those two gears but I...
  7. T

Relative Fuel Economy

How do you do this? I have an obdeleven but don’t know where to go to calibrate it. Thanks in advance.
  8. T

I need help with Fault codes for right and left light module

I was trying to adjust my comfort blinker settings with my obdeleven connector, when I notice that I got 8 different faults. Of those 8 the two that keeps on returning after I cleared the faults were 1) U101100 (left and right light) something about low voltage 2) B10CD00 ( air conditioning)...
  9. T

Steel Oil Pan

What’s a FMIC?
  10. T

Steel Oil Pan

Why not just install the all track skidplate? GolfDave has a fantastic DYI instructions that I followed and installed on my car. It’s great insurance that is less risky than messing with sealant on your oil pan. It protected me from ice rocks that was unavoidable and lower my cabin noise. 10/10...
  11. T

Peeling/Bubbling tape in sunroof track

I have the same problem on my car. I noticed it when I was test driving the car and asked the dealer about it. They said it’s normal. My guess is that it is part of the sunroof bezel cracking issues and this is their mitigation. VW thought it was cheaper to put tape on new builds to prevent...
  12. T

High Mileage Champ- Anyone over 100,000 or 200,000

Lol Your last sentence hurts more than you think.
  13. T

Clutch and brake fluid flush

I have 2 renstands that I use in junction with the regular jackstands. I’m just being lazy, if I have to take off the wheels, then I guess I’m taking off the wheels. Cool, thanks for the info man.
  14. T

Thanks for the offer man. When you did your brakes fluid flush could you get away with leaving the wheels on?
  15. T

I’m a bit confuse on what a speed bleeder is and what it does for you. Is this like an attachment people replace for oil drain plugs so they don’t have to deal with wrenching the nut/bolt? Also, can’t you just use a pressure bleeder like motive to force it out?
  16. T

So my car is coming up on the 3 year mark which means I will have to bleed my brakes and clutch. Does anyone know how to access the clutch bleeder nipple? I usually bleed my clutch at the same time as my brakes with previous cars but am unfamiliar with the process. I looked online and on...
  17. T

Problems/questions about gas mileage

I thought the modes were a gimmick at first but it turns out being in eco mode and not going above 70 mph can make a huge difference. Other wise it’s usually 29-32 mpg for me in normal mode cruising at 75-80.