GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. TheMechanicDude

Oil pan replaced

Damn plastic warped and leaked like a faucet. Went with on sale cast aluminum. Tried new shop on W coast of Florida. Good dudes so far. Front end clunk was loose nut…….
  2. TheMechanicDude

Fuel Leak at firewall connector

Anyone have a problem with the OEM connector leaking on the small connector block located pass side shock tower. I used OEM crimp connectors on HPF line to said connector and pretty sure its still tight. Cleaned it off after upper timing cover seal changes and smelled it the other day. I saw...
  3. TheMechanicDude

CEL on after adding coolant.

Found a top timing covwr leak and my WP needs replacing. Added coolant last night and this morning had two codes pop up scanned with OBD11 15101 seems to be a MAP issue. 15100 I can’t figure out Going to dealer for WP tomorrow
  4. TheMechanicDude

Golf R front bumper loader trim on GTI.

Caught a parking stop that had a rebar sticking out and nicked the small lower trim piece attached to the front bumper. Was hanging with a R owner who had the same two trim pieces but his are gloss. I can’t find anything showing them (am looking on phone vs PC) I find these for the GTI but I’d...
  5. TheMechanicDude

SOLD used BFI stage 2 engine and pre assembled tranny mounts

Used. No hardware $350 pick up / $375 shipped USPS OBO too located in Florida. I never installed.
  6. TheMechanicDude

De pin charge pipe connector JB4

Anyone ever de pin the connector on a JB4. Can get the cheap shit amazon pin set to work. Charge pipe connector on JB4 clip snapped.
  7. TheMechanicDude

Second speaker on pass side dead

Bought car with rear passenger speaker dead. Paid deductible for VW to replace. Did some work on car and scanned after. Showed front passenger door speaker as dead. I remember speakers would burp when blown. These both just went “dead”. Is this common or am I dealing with a larger issue? Not...
  8. TheMechanicDude

BEC Healights on sale

Was looking at lighting upgrades for a future Tiggy purchase and saw these were on sale Just figured I'd give an FYI. Not affiliated with them or have any experience https://www.becautoparts.com/collections/headlights/products/golf-7-hid-headlights-golf-r-style
  9. TheMechanicDude

Possible Additions here?

Would mods be open to creating sub sections here for tuning platforms? I know there are some issues with NASIOC but I really liked how they broke it up. This would allow us users to share logs,chat about tuners in one central easy to search area.
  10. TheMechanicDude

Whuuuring noise from front end.

Confirmed it’s more than likely not a wheel bearing as the sound doesn’t change when turning etc. Sounded fine on way to work. I can feel the vibration in gear selector and center stack area. Even in drivers door. You can hear it in the video. Like rub strips on the hwy. Tires never made noise...
  11. TheMechanicDude

Think these can be fixed?

Old man wants to put some OEM wheels on my moms Beetle. Think these lips can be repaired? I said they could. I’ve personally never had a wheel repaired so I’m asking the masses before he buys.
  12. TheMechanicDude

BBS bankrupt

Huh. Looks like they got even more expensive https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wheel-manufacturer-bbs-has-gone-bankrupt/
  13. TheMechanicDude

Rotors for Daily Driving

Searched 10 pages. Don't see much debate on them. Have always run the Centric High Carbons https://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-series/4935_2017+Volkswagon+GTI+Performance+Pkg+without+Electronic+Parking+Brake/272_Centric+Premium+High+Carbon+Brake+Rotor+-+Single+Rotor KNS is a great bunch of dudes...
  14. TheMechanicDude

FS: Torque Solutions DV spacer. Used

Came with car. Don’t like it. $40 and let’s split USPS shipping.
  15. TheMechanicDude

PC Master Race group

Maybe list your platform screen names. I play about 3/4 days a week with buddies. All of us are in our 40’s. Steam: JoshMcTaint Epic: HeavyRope Origin: Blizzard: FineMrButts we use Skype since it’s easy
  16. TheMechanicDude

SOLD Used Neuspeed Power Module

$180 shipped Over on The Car Lounge as Joshfl420
  17. TheMechanicDude

SOLD Used Neuspeed Power Module

$180 shipped I'm over on TheCarlounge as Joshfl420
  18. TheMechanicDude

WTB: FatnFlush kit

Might as well ask too. Anyone selling the spacer set up?