2. I

UK: 2014 GTD

Bump
  3. I

https://www.usedcarsni.com/275853464
  4. I

A quick shot of her, I've finally got round to putting it up. All GTD typical toys, but with upgraded 19" Santiagos, and the upgraded 8.5" touchscreen which wasn't commonly fitted. A head turning car, if you're Belfast based, you'll usually see it sitting around Linenhall street or Ormeau...
  5. I

New GTD owner from Northern Ireland

I'm Banbridge as well, and recently got my GTD wheels recut bu MJE in cooks town. Great job. Canavans in Lurgan are good too
  6. I

Just provisionally posting the ad, will get some pictures onto it soon! I have a 2014 GTD in Pure White with 19" Santiagos. Car has full service history, and recently has been detailed including 2 stage polish, stone chip correction, ceramic coating, wheel refurb and calliper refurb. Interior...
  7. I

Mobile Telephone Performance on MIB

I'm in a position of having two cars to compare: Mk6 with a 5ND035190B headunit Mk7 with 8" Discover Pro (MIB 1) What I have noticed is that the handsfree performance is vastly different between the two cars, particularly in terms of mobile reception. Driving the same stretch of road on a...
  8. I

Brake Caliper Project

Reigniting this thread, as I'm in the midst of painting at the moment - would you have a better shot/ angle of your rear callipers? I want to check what is painted and not painted!
  9. I

Brake Caliper Project

Hi all, I want to start a lockdown project, of painting the calipers and the wheel rims on a pure white GTD. I have a few questions, if anyone can help: Putting a GTD onto jack stands, what points do you normally place them at? On the UK Sport and Sound pack vehicles, are just the front, or...
  10. I

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I suspected that might be the case! One can dream!
  11. I

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Stupid question of the week coming up! Not currently owning a DSG (a mere manual currently) but changing - does the GTD produce a DSG fart, or is that reserved for the Petrolheads?
  12. I

GDT and R estates - Bumpers

It's a mk7, so a whole 7.5 bumper needed. If I was fit to drop the exhaust and heat shields from a scrap R, and just fab the Y, hopefully it won't work out too expensive!
  13. I

Gosh, thank you so much for such detailed in - I agree with the previous poster, a wealth of information. I've been digging on the internet for quite some time, and this is the first definite post I've been able to find. I didn't realise there was such difference between the two, but I see...
  14. I

That's good to know, thanks! I know miltek successfully do a GTI style exhaust on the GTD hatch - this might be a better option, with an extension for the extra length https://www.millteksport.com/resonated-cat-back-exhaust-system-gti-style-ssxvw246.html
  15. I

Yes, that's a bit of a problem! I was considering maybe a cobra sport or Miltek exhaust. I don't know how it would work getting a R exhaust from a scrap car, and using just the tips - on a diesel. Catback likely needed to get some noise from it?
  16. I

The GTD has better economy than the R, but the R looks noticeably better. I'd prefer to put the rear valance of the R onto the GTD, but suspect I need the whole bumper to do that
  17. I

Hi all, I've been studying part numbers etc... but I'm wondering if anyone can help? Is the R estate rear bumper compatible with the GTD estate? I'd be keen on dropping an R rear end onto a GTD for the economy!
  18. I

Estate vs Estate R Rear Bumper

Hey all! Sorry to dig up an old thread again, but question along a similar line. Is the GTD estate and R estate bumpers cross compatible? In an ideal world, I'd like to take the R diffuser and put it onto the GTD. Job done. But is there a difference in the bumper that I might need a full R...
  19. I

GTD Estate Exhaust (Miltek)

Hi Everyone, New member here. I'm looking at buying a GTD7 Estate. As part of this, I'm thinking of putting the Miltek non-resonated GTI style exhaust on. Has anyone done this? Any tips or thoughts? - Will a GTI Valence fit the estate bumper - I know it'll fit a standard GTD bumper - Will the...