GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Baka

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Some Bilstein B4's to sort out my squeaky back end.
  2. Baka

Are the Golfs going to even compete anymore?

The Golf is completely uncompromised at being a usable daily driven car. It will always have that over a lot of the more potent competition. Sure it's not the fastest thing out there, but it never gets on your tits. And unlike every BMW I've ever owned, it's surprisingly reliable and low...
  3. Baka

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

L500 Daihatsu Mira I think.
  4. Baka

rear wheel wobble

This, my bent wheel was way more noticeable on the front. You'd barely know on the back, but as soon as I rotated the wheels you definitely wouldn't miss it.
  5. Baka

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Shit, good to see you and the car survived.
  6. Baka

I don't think the cylinder deactivation is something you control. It just does it automatically when certain values line up (throttle position, load, gear, revs, speed, etc).
  7. Baka

I swear it's like it saves it all up for you. Still, I guess it's less trips to the shop.
  8. Baka

Decided to chop in the GTI after 2 1/2 years and start looking for an R, it must have heard me.. Already in for a major service, brake fluid, rear disks & pads, MOT and 2 new tyres. It then decided to shit out the battery and get a slow puncture in one of the other tyres. Think I'll keep...
  9. Baka

Golf R brake pad layers

I think ACC uses the back brakes exclusively, so if you use that a lot? I never use it and my brake wear is like 95% on the front.
  10. Baka

Why the hell is my car so slow

So the amount of wheel torque you gain from short shifting, is more than the amount of wheel torque you lose from going up a gear? With third being 28% longer than second?
  11. Baka

Not something I've experienced myself, and I don't know how prevalent it is, but I read of quite a few people popping the amps in the Helix system when they ran aftermarket speakers. It's what put me off getting it. If the amps are a bit fragile, then getting something with a similar...
  12. Baka

Movie and TV Recommendations

Reservation Dogs is really good.
  13. Baka

Solution to Heeltoe Woes

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the WCT spacer will work with a RHD car? I'm hoping the pedal assemblies are the same. I can heel/toe fine (size 13, using the ball of my foot for both pedals) but it's not super comfortable, I really have to crank my foot over to get a decent...
  14. Baka

What Firefox extensions are you using?

Adblock & SponsorBlock.
  15. Baka

7+ years on VWR springs

Good find, I always wondered what exactly happens. I've definitely seen some dampers that haven't popped or leaked, that are absolutely flogged.
  16. Baka

Rim color for winter wheels (OEM Brooklyn 17'')

Silver for me, though they don't look bad in black.
  17. Baka

Does the under seat drawer make the seat higher?

I do find the seating in the MK7 high, the seats aren't straight on the floor, they're on raised platforms (if that makes sense). I swear the MK5 and 8P have loads more headroom. N.B I also tried another R with drawer and it went all the way down. Must have been something stuck underneath the...
  18. Baka

Both manual seats. Power seats are either insanely rare here or weren't even an option. And amazingly, I did try lowering it.
  19. Baka

Hi, I've got a MK7 GTI and have been shopping for a MK7 R. I tried an R the other day that had the drawer under the drivers seat and the seat was noticeably higher. I usually have four fingers between my head and the roof in the GTI but it was nearly touching in the R, like maybe 2 fingers. Is...
  20. Baka

Quietest tyres for a Golf GTi mk7.5

I had CPC6's on the stock 18's before switching to MPS4's on 17's. The ride improved, but not to the extent I was expecting, the steering got heavier, and the noise levels actually went up quite a bit. Now they've been on a year and they're down to about 3-4mm, I'd swear they're getting even...